Senior Software Engineer (Python / Golang) - AWS / Terraform / DevOps at Canva
🇳🇿 New Zealand › Wellington (Posted Jul 26 2022)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team | He kōrero e pā ana ki ōu mahi:
Cloud Components team’s primary mission is to provide easy ways to provision, configure and manage infrastructure in the Cloud for all engineering teams at Canva. In order to fulfil this mission, we are not only following Software engineering best practices and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) methodologies, but also designing, maintaining and implementing supportive automations and Cloud architectures. Therefore, we expect Cloud Component team members to possess a spectrum of skills from general computer science skills, Cloud solution architectures, IaC tooling to high-level programming languages.
What you'll do | Ōu Haepapa:
Design, implement and maintain processes and automations for Canva’s engineering teams to simplify the provisioning and configuration of their workloads in the Cloud and other platforms
Be an SMEs in Infrastructure-as-Code (specifically, in Terraform and AWS)
Develop infrastructure solutions with scalability, high-availability, and security in mind
Collaborate with other teams to work out the best solutions to their cloud problems
Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
Propose and contribute to new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva's distributed cloud infrastructure as we continue scaling globally
Experience and Background | Wheako me te Papamuri:
At least 3 years of hands-on experience in designing, maintaining, automating Cloud Infrastructure in AWS (preferred), GCP and/or Azure
Experience working with infrastructure as code - Terraform (preferred), AWS CloudFormation / SAM / CDK, or similar
Strong Computer Science background and knowledge of OOP fundamentals
Advanced coding proficiency in either Python or Golang (or both)
An understanding of cloud security best practices
Working knowledge of DevOps best practices, Microservices, Kubernetes, Container Orchestration, Serverless
The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
Strong written and verbal communication skills - both technical and plain language
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com