Remote › 100% remote position (in the Americas timezones)(Posted Jul 4 2022)
$110k – $160k • 0.25% – 1.0%
Hires remotely in: North America • South America • Central America
We're building a unified developer experience to help software teams move faster and stay focused on achieving their goals. Over the past decades, software development has grown in importance inside organizations and with it there has been a Cambrian explosion of tooling. While each tool is great at what it does, they live in their own silos and weren’t built to work together. These silos lead to disconnected workflows, context switching, and difficulty finding information. Our vision is to build a better way to get work done. Summon brings together your tools and data into one blazingly fast, native experience. We’re just getting started and our ambition is bold: build the best platform for software teams to get their work done.
We love what we do and are motivated by working on a product we love using ourselves. You would have an immediate impact as a builder to influence not just engineering but also the direction of the product. You join as a founding engineer and have full ownership working closely with our founders and a team of super talented developers.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a full-time backend engineer. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience building event driven microservices or service oriented architectures and has built most facets, if not all, in a "twelve-factor" app. Preference is for real experience (2+ years) in our primary language of Golang, but other languages are considered when able to quickly pick up new technologies. Additional experience in integrating with 3rd party systems, event-driven architecture, databases, and cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc) are important.
You will directly influence how and what to build, and must be comfortable collaborating on the architecture, code, product, etc as we have a strong culture of devops as well as being technically curious, thoughtful and purposeful in what we build. We value deploying frequently with well-written, maintainable, instrumented and tested code to a kubernetes cluster.
- Develop new products and features in a small team
- Collaboration with the team to solve technical problems and help shape the product direction
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features
- Review other software engineers' code for correctness, style, and completeness
- Support your team's production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report
- Write integration tests and work with our product team to ensure the operation and correctness of new features
- 5+ years of backend engineering in a distributed systems
- 2+ years in Golang or 5+ using several languages you were able to quickly pick up
- Strong knowledge of a variety of database systems (Graph, relational etc.)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs and OAuth
- Comfortable with strong dev ops culture
- Strong communication skills in English and experience working as part of a remote team
- Need to be located in timezones UTC-4 through UTC-8 (The Americas)
- Excited to travel internationally for company retreats (twice a year)
- Favorite Ted Lasso quote
Why join us?
We love what we do: designing and building great products. But our work isn't the only thing that defines us. We're not trying to create some semi-cult to get people to work here. We simply enjoy working together and building useful and beautiful software for our customers. We’re a venture-backed startup and are looking for someone who is excited about the early stages of building a product and having a tangible impact on the company’s success.
You would join a group of repeat founders. We have founded startups backed by top Silicon Valley VCs. While getting huge amounts of venture capital has its advantages, it also puts a company on a very narrow success path. We want to do it a little differently this time. Where raising money and growth is balanced with the goal of being default-alive and capital-efficient. Which gives us optionality and lets us build the company we want to build over the long run.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-fge-Remote-Senior-Backend-Engineer-Golang-Summon-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]