Remote › 100% remote position (in the US)(Posted Jan 28 2022)
About the company Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 16 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
$185k to $215k
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day. We’re looking for someone who combines technical breadth and depth with strong technical leadership to successfully define and deliver a modern web-scale architecture. In particular, we’re looking for an experienced leader with a deep understanding of payments, card acquiring and issuing, and cloud-native distributed computing.
The Principal Engineer will be a thought leader and subject matter expert within engineering, working alongside other technical and product leaders.
- Lead the technology direction of the Moov Financial Platform
- Define, communicate, and drive Moov’s technical vision, winning support from engineering and aligning with product and business strategy
- Own the long-term architecture and align it with overall business and product strategy; communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies
- Speak, write, evangelize, and communicate about Moov’s technical capabilities at conferences and other events
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- 10+ years of experience building distributed systems and applications, including design, development, security, and scale
- Experience delivering greenfield payments systems and other money movement rails such as Card Acquiring or Issuing, ACH, RTP, and Wire.
- Experience in regulated environments such as PCI-DSS
- Track record for driving software velocity and quality improvements across Moov’s engineering using Lean and DevOps approaches
- Critical contributor in architecting, developing, and bringing a software platform from idea to market, preferably for a startup
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality SaaS platforms that serve millions of people
- Strong customer focus coupled with excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Ability to frame a problem clearly and meaningfully
- Strong advocacy of automated testing, continuous delivery, and software quality across the software development life-cycle
- Experience with service-based architectures, Domain-Driven Design, and reactive/event-driven systems
Bonus if you also have:
- An understanding of Single Message and Dual Message formats
- Experience with ISO8583 and understanding of ISO 20022
- Extensive knowledge of OSS tools and active participation in the OSS community
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 16 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- Competitive base salary + employee stock options w/early exercise opportunity
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Medical Ins: Health Savings Account (HSA) option w/employer contribution
- EAP and other wellness resources
- Unlimited PTO+ generous paid holiday schedule
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 2000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
- Employee referral incentive
Salary range: $185k to $215k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.
Share our job roles with others, www.moov.io/careers! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-ezx-Remote-Principal-Software-Engineer-Moov-Financial-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]