Remote › 100% remote position (in US or Canada)(Posted Jan 4 2022)
About the company We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
$110,000 - $170,000
Are you a proficient Go developer that loves building at scale? Are you looking for a product that is exciting to work on, in an industry that will define the future? Whether you started in the cloud or migrated there during your career, we’re looking for someone like you to join our experienced team building the next generation of virtual collaboration tools.
You’ll spend your time architecting and building robust, performant systems running on cloud providers and utilizing cloud services. You’ll work across teams to anticipate backend requirements for upcoming product and engineering needs. You’ll continually improve the security, performance and elegance of the system.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our integrated cloud/native team to build solutions addressing the core challenges of worldwide collaborative XR.
- Design and build scalable services to support upcoming features.
- Learn and improve our existing Go-based systems.
- Design secure, elegant APIs for client applications.
- All the standard stuff: Document architecture, write robust code, stay current on cloud services, evaluate frameworks, etc.
What You'll Use
- Go, Git
- AWS, GCP
- Firestore, MongoDB
- You want to be excited about the product you’re building. We love what we’re creating at The Wild and want you to love it, too.
- You have commercial experience developing scalable cloud applications.
- You are a proficient Go developer.
- You are familiar with basic cloud services, encompassing compute, routing, scaling, storage, databases and functions.
- You are test- and data-driven and excel at understanding how things work to keep them working.
- You are self-motivated and self-directed.
- You’re eager to do your best work using all the tools you’ve gained through your career. We’re excited to see what you do!
Everyone brings along their own special skills and we want to hear about it. Some examples:
- An interest in containers and clusters, particularly Kubernetes.
- An interest in transport and messaging - TCP/UDP, HTTP/gRPC/WebSockets, MQTT/WebRTC, etc.; you think about how large amounts of data move efficiently between machines.
- The application of machine learning to 3D geometry and positional data.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We create experiences for people, not devices. We strive to create joy and allow our humanity to shine through our work. Among the things you will enjoy about working here:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time and unlimited PTO
- Paid family/parental leave
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-eyp-Remote-Senior-Cloud-Software-Engineer-The-Wild-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]