Adevinta, we’re a world-leading online classifieds business that reaches more than 200 million people each month through our household name brands across 11 countries. We connect buyers with sellers and facilitate transactions, from job offers to real estate, cars, consumer goods and more. Our leading local marketplaces include Leboncoin in France, InfoJobs in Spain, Subito in Italy, Jofogás in Hungary, and Segundamano in Mexico. Our mission is to drive positive sustainable change in the world by helping everyone and everything find a new purpose.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Paris and Barcelona. Their goal is to develop common global product and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our data team in Barcelona to help us build modern big data and machine learning platforms. They’ll be used by other data teams for classification, recommenders, image recognition, fraud detection and more; processing petabytes of data.
What you’ll do
- Work with the machine learning and big data platform team in helping them build tools to enhance their productivity.
- Build highly scalable platforms on top of a wide spectrum of technologies (like: AWS (prefered), GCP or Azure, Docker and Kubernetes, Programming languages Golang (preferred) or Rust, Building RESTful APIs and Microservices, Relational databases (SQL) and NoSQL databases
- Source Control Management with Git and GitHub
- Continuous integration and continuous development tools (CI/CD) like Jenkins, Travis, Concourse, Flux or Argo CD
- Monitor and automate the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems.
- Being part of a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
Who you are
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python or similar)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD), testing methodologies and test automation
- Knowledge of software architecture patterns and cloud modern architectures
- Experience in building, running and monitoring systems that scale
- Experience with modern engineering tools for CI/CD
What you’ll get from us
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- 26 days of holidays
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and compute
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide flexible hours and remote working options that give you the autonomy and scope to set your own agenda and working patterns. We empower our teams to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of mandating a fixed number of office days.
- Covid-19 The health of our employees is very important to us. Due to Covid-19 all of our employees currently have the option to work from home full-time or, depending on the local situation and government regulations, they may go into the office following all safety protocols. This means that our interviews are currently taking place virtually. We are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and want to ensure that we follow all governmental guidelines and put the health of our people first.
If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply now to find out more.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-eyk-GO-Software-Engineer-Machine-Learning-Area-Barcelona-Adevinta.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Machine Learning Area) - Adevinta Barcelona, Spain
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including marktplaats in the Netherlands, Mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month across 16 countries.
We’re all ab...