Remote › 100% remote position (in European timezone)(Posted Nov 18 2021)
About the company JustWatch redefines how users discover movies and TV shows in the booming jungle of streaming and content. The platform has rapidly grown to over 20 million entertainment users per month in 59 markets worldwide. JustWatch is on track to become the ultimate search and discovery platform for the „New TV“ era.
Learn more about us:
The Marketing Technology team is the most important part of the B2B side of JustWatch. We are the first fully Movie & TV show entertainment-centred marketing platform worldwide, and had to build our tools from scratch. Our custom-built marketing platform allows our campaigns team to execute a volume of campaigns that, if done manually, would require a much bigger team.
Some of the topics we have recently worked on are:
- adding different advertising channels with their various API quirks
- expanding our system to cover new workflows as required by evolving campaign requirements
- and (as usual) eliminating bugs
The biggest challenge now is utilizing ML and algorithms to run campaigns with ridiculous efficiency and much better targeting.
The marketing stack is based on services written in Golang, running in Kubernetes managed by Google Cloud Platform. We store data in PostgreSQL and monitor everything through Prometheus.
We use several advertising channels (and their APIs) such as Facebook and Google, and help our BI team to build relevant reports using a data warehouse based on Snowflake.
How we work, and what’s in it for you
- Freedom and responsibility
- We share context on what matters to business. The delivery is up to you. That also means we don’t track vacation days, have flexible working hours, and allow working remotely
- No company-wide Scrum or other enforced processes. We are agile without artificial overhead
- Great colleagues and a creative environment
- We prefer asking forgiveness than asking for permission
- Direct communication, no bloated hierarchy
- Frequent open, honest and bi-directional feedback
What we expect from you
We are interested in the value you can bring rather than years of experience, the knowledge of every piece of our tech stack or well curated references. Do you have a side project? Have you failed or succeeded at your own startup? Are you an expert in a piece of our stack? Incredibly driven? Entrepreneurial? These are the achievements and traits we're interested in.
Technologies and skills:
- Experience as a backend engineer, deep familiarity with Go (Golang) language.
- Advanced ability to work with relational databases, preferably Postgres.
- Domain experience with DMPs, DSPs or within the AdTech/marketing tech ecosystem.
- Experience leading a backend engineering team.
The job can be fully remote, or hybrid (our office is in Berlin and if you decide to relocate - we will help you!)
If you feel like you are missing some of the hard skills – don’t worry, we are hiring for the attitude, values, and personality.
We embrace our entrepreneurial responsibilities. Through our 6-figure environmental and social impact budget, we offset every employee’s carbon footprint, give back to the community, support causes that matter, and have recently implemented a wellbeing and mental health programme.
Read more about our culture in our blog post and Talent page: https://www.justwatch.com/de/Talent
JustWatch takes diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. Our goal is to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We commit to being inclusive.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-exa-Remote-Europe-Lead-Golang-Engineer-Remote-JustWatch-GmbH-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]