Go / Golang Software Engineer at UserVoice
San Francisco, CA, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Apr 21 2014)
About the company
We at UserVoice build tools to help web and mobile apps support, listen to, and understand their users. We're builders for builders. Our mission is to power customer insight for the next generation of software: to make running a virtual business as much like running a coffee shop as possible.
We have over 160K UserVoice sites online, with over 1 billion impressions of our widgets every month. Most importantly our growth has never been stronger: we just closed our largest deal ever and won a prestigious award for being “what’s next” in CRM.
Relocation compensation available
We are looking for a Go engineer. We’re writing our next-gen API in Go, as well as starting to use it to process data and automate our infrastructure. That being said, a significant portion of our codebase is still in Ruby, so reading and writing Ruby is also going to be required.
You’ll be building new features and functionality against our stack
- REST API built in Go
- Primary datastore is MySQL; we also use Redis/Memcached/Elasticsearch.
- We’re building a thick client in Angular to consume the API.
- Large sections of our site are currently built in Ruby on Rails.
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of experience building web apps. Ideally you’ve built high-traffic web apps before.
- Ideally you’ve written some projects in Go before, either for open source or professionally.
- Experience working with SQL databases (we use MySQL).
- Ruby experience is definitely a plus, as much of our code is Ruby.
Instructions how to apply
Want to join our team? Awesome! All you need to do is email email@example.com and tell us why you think you’d be a good fit. Include a resume and a link to your github profile.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)