Remote › Worldwide, 100% remote position (Posted Oct 1 2021)
About the company Level is an exciting startup that has recently entered the remote monitoring and management space. We're just getting started but feel that we bring new ideas to a space that is stale with older products that offer a poor user experience. Our product features a simple interface and exciting technology that none of our competitors are utilizing.
We're backed by the founders of a very successful Managed Service Provider (MSP). They have extensive experience in the IT space and have proven invaluable in helping us validate each additional feature.
Level is building a modern remote monitoring and management solution. We are a small, well-funded, team that recently launched our product. We are searching for a strong, multi-talented individual contributor who is comfortable with systems-level programming and networking who can contribute to our agent, written in Go.
- Deep knowledge of a systems language like C, Rust, or Go.
- Not afraid to dig into an RFC. Low-level internals excites you, rather than scares you away.
- Experience with system-level APIs in Windows (win32), macOS, and/or Linux.
- Excellent written communicator.
- Willing to learn and work with Go.
- You are comfortable using GCC, and find yourself at home going through a C codebase.
- Familiarity with RPC and common methods of IPC such as sockets and named pipes.
- Video encoding experience. You have worked with VP8 and understand the spec.
- Building cross-platform libraries, our Go agent compiles to Windows, Darwin, and Linux on a variety of architectures.
**Things you might work on**
- Building a cross-platform patch management system to give users control over OS updates.
- Working with VP8 to reduce the latency and bandwidth when streaming a device.
- Creating a system tray GUI for the agent.
- Expanding desktop streaming to work on Mac and Linux.
- Adding a proxy to the agent to enable remote access to routers and switches.
- Implementing Trickle ICE to improve WebRTC connection times.
**Why you might want to work with us**
- We are a small, fully remote engineering team, and there are no layers of bureaucracy. You can have a huge impact here.
- We are very flexible with working hours, we don't expect you to work a consistent block of time, we trust you to get your work done.
- We've recently launched and are starting to grow.
- We will offer profit sharing so our small team will receive dividends on profits the company makes.
**Why you might not want to work with us**
- We are an early-stage startup, and while we are well funded, we are careful with our runway and haven't splurged on extra perks like gym memberships or 401k matching.
- You want to work with a large team. We do not intend to hire more until it is painful enough to warrant doing so.
**More About Us**
We are a startup headquartered in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC. We are a small, close-knit team working to upend the RMM market with our new product. We have recently launched and have acquired our first customers. Though we are a startup, our investors have given us a multi-year runway.
Currently, our agent team is made up of a single amazing developer. This hire will join them to expand the agent team. This developer should be an experienced self-starter that can make an impact on our product development. We aren't interested in someone that just wants to work down a list of pre-defined tasks. Our ideal candidate loves working on products and will help shape the direction of ours. We're going to be improving this product for years and want someone to come on this journey with us.
We really like the Basecamp philosophy and try to make sure that it doesn’t have to be crazy at work. We won’t ask that you work weekends, or late into the night. We don’t mind if you need to leave for an appointment in the middle of the day. We understand that software development doesn’t happen for 8 hours straight and don’t worry about counting time in the chair. We trust that given a fair timeline with a scope that you help us determine you will be able to deliver features. We are concerned with the end goal, not micromanaging you on the way there.
**About the Application Process**
Collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at Level, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
We're looking for someone great but we're an early-stage startup. We are offering a rate of 120k plus profit sharing (once we have profits 😅). We hope to grow quickly and are committed to increasing the base pay of everyone on the team at each stage of growth.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-etr-Remote-Senior-Go-Engineer-Level-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com