Senior Software Engineer (Backend) at elblox ag
Remote › 100% remote position (in European timezone) (Posted Jun 15 2021)
Our mission is to reshape how renewable energy is perceived, transacted and managed. The future of energy production is renewable and decentral – its exchange and coordination will be powered by digital technology.
This is a great opportunity to join :elblox, an EnergyTech startup aiming to be a leading provider of systems for the synchronous trading of electricity from sustainable sources. The company was founded in April 2018, operates internationally and is part of the Axpo Group. In this role you have the chance to shape our software architecture and help coordinate the construction of our large-scale applications.
- Shape future energy markets
- Passionate team with bright minds and clear vision
- State of the art Go and AWS tech stack
- Europe-wide network in the energy sector
- The agility of a start-up combined with a well-positioned investor
- Office in Olten just 4 minutes from the train station
- Remote work possible
- International working environment
- Large variety of tasks
- Build the next stage of our cloud based platform for energy transactions
- Coordinate implementation of new functionally across teams
- Propose and implement new technologies to enrich our architecture
- Deliver and maintain our products in production on cloud computing platforms
- Create and maintain tooling around our CI/CD architecture
- Develop data pipelines for energy IoT devices
Your qualities and talents
- Enjoy being part of a strong team in a fast-paced environment
- Several years of development experience
- University or technical college degree
- A creative mind to apply the below technologies in cutting edge and innovative ways
- Team oriented with good communication skills
- Valid working permission in the EU or Switzerland
- Good command of English - German is a plus
Your technical skills
You have several years of experience with:
- software development (Go skills a must)
- infrastructure as code (Terraform skills a must)
- cloud computing platforms (AWS skills highly prefered)
- modern software development paradigms like microservices, containers, event driven architecture, data streaming and continuous delivery
- agile software development
Bonus if you have experience with the following:
- protobuf and gRPC
- full-stack or frontend development (preferably React.js and/or Mobile)
- SQL (preferably Postgres or TimescaleDB)
Send us your CV, Github profile, and cover letter, and you'll hear from us.
Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com!
We only accept direct applications.