Senior Backend Engineer (Go, gRPC, Python) at PolicyFly
Remote › Worldwide, 100% remote position (Posted Apr 23 2021)
Does your car have a bumper sticker that says, I love Microservices? Or, maybe you don’t have a car but still love Microservices? Ok, sweet, keep reading.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Backend Engineer that will help transform the ancient world of specialty insurance with robust backend API architectures. We are converting prior monolith architectures to microservices and rapidly adding various system integrations as the product matures.
With customers in the UK and US, PolicyFly has grown quickly to become the market leader as a best-in-class platform for speciality insurers to transact and bind insurance worldwide.
Think you’re a good fit? Please apply, we’d love to chat!
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Good knowledge of a modern statically typed language like Go, C#, Rust, or C++11/17. Go strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to learn Go, if unfamiliar.
- Strong knowledge of Linux. Linux desktop users strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of either gRPC or Websockets, as well as protobuf or Swagger. gRPC/protobuf preferred.
- Good knowledge of Docker.
- Good knowledge of either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or some other container orchestration system (Docker Swarm, etc).
- Elasticsearch knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of microservice architectures.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD.
- Strong experience with composing unit and functional tests.
- Strong experience with composing written documentation.
- Good knowledge of composing software requirements in iterative development workflows. Methodology not relevant.
- Comfortable working remotely, overlapping EST by ~5-6 hours per day
- Competitive Salary w/ equity
- Unlimited Vacation
- Small team of exceptional engineers + project managers
- Remote-first team