Senior Full Stack Engineer (Go) at Rumble, Inc
Remote › 100% remote position (in the US) (Posted Mar 19 2021)
About the company
Rumble, Inc. is the maker of Rumble Network Discovery, a simple, fast, and accurate way to create an asset inventory in IT and OT environments. After gaining fast network visibility, Rumble’s customers use the SaaS platform to tag asset owners, identify risks, map network topology, accelerate incident response efforts, find old hardware, and manage IP space.
Rumble’s customers range from family-owned businesses to Fortune 5 companies, with industries as varied as education, government, manufacturing, healthcare, retail and utilities. Rumble is popular with managed service providers who need to scope out and manage their customers' networks.
Rumble has more than 100 paying customers in over 20 countries. The company is backed by Decibel Partners, a global venture capital firm backed by Cisco.
Rumble offers a free Starter Edition to small companies and individuals with less than 256 devices that is in use by over 4,000 organizations today.
Rumble is based in sunny Austin, Texas. All Rumblers work remotely in the United States with clusters in the Austin and Boston areas.
$75,000 - $150,000
Rumble brings together the best of IT, security and networking technology to deliver amazing network discovery and asset inventory capabilities for modern enterprises.
An accurate network inventory is a fundamental building block of all security programs, yet most inventory products do a poor job of network-based discovery because they only see it as a stepping stone to the “real” product features. Legacy products work by sending sensitive credentials to every asset on the network and fail to handle today’s hybrid environments. Without a solid inventory, most companies struggle with attack surface reduction, network management, and incident response.
Rumble Network Discovery is a product of Rumble, Inc. We are a fully virtual, high-growth startup based in the United States. Our founders each have over 20 years of experience growing companies in the information security industry, including Rapid7, Veracode, BreakingPoint Systems, and PGP.
Rumble has already proven its market fit. Rumble appeals to companies of all shapes and sizes; we have customers that range from museums to Fortune 500 technology companies. We serve the low-end of the market through eCommerce and the mid-market and enterprise segment through inside sales.
We’re building the engineering team to lead Rumble into the future. Our work is a mix of Go development, low-level protocol research, standard web technologies, PostgreSQL, and a mix of cloud technologies and integrations. Our platform is cloud-agnostic, can be self-hosted, and builds from a single repository. We ship daily and focus on incremental delivery with fast turnaround for customer requests and bug fixes. We bootstrapped to product market fit and recently raised a $5m venture capital round to accelerate our growth. The company was cash-flow positive in 2020.
We’re looking for senior engineers that are excited about research-driven product development and want to help build a company focused on happy customers and product-led growth.
We’re searching for senior engineers to grow our team! You will contribute to all stages of development, deployment, support, operations, and product planning. This position reports directly to the CEO today and will split into functional teams once the team expands. This is a growth opportunity for future engineering leadership as well as long-term individual contributors.
What Success Looks Like
* Contribute your skills and knowledge to building, supporting, and operating an amazing product experience for our customers.
* Learn as you go to understand customer needs, product structure, fingerprinting techniques, and network protocols.
* Self-task and coordinate with the rest of the engineering team to move the product forward, solve customer challenges, and keep the platform running smoothly.
* Work with customers to identify bugs, understand gaps in product functionality, and flag opportunities for improvement.
* Work closely and communicate effectively with functional teams across the company to keep our customer experience aligned with product and sales operations.
To be successful in this role, you ideally have:
* A strong track record of building products that customers love.
* 5+ years of experience in programming-heavy engineering roles with a demonstrated ability to ship quality results, frequently.
* Go programming experience is preferred, but if you have deep experience in other languages and are excited about learning Go, we can make that work too.
* Extensive experience with web development (HTML, CSS, plain JS) and a solid understanding of the HTTP protocol and the web browser security model.
* PostgreSQL database experience, but other SQL database experience is also applicable.
* A solid understanding of standard development tools and processes, including Git and issue-management systems.
* Confidence working with Linux instances for deployment and diagnostics.
* We’re a fully remote company but you need to be located in the US, with US citizenship or permanent residency for healthcare, payroll, and legal reasons.
We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
* Competitive salaries and a stock option plan.
* Top of the line medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages with Rumble paying for 99% of the premium.
* A flexible vacation policy.
* 401(k) match program.