Senior Golang Backend Engineer at Cmd
Remote › 100% remote position (in US or Canada)
About the company
Cmd allows organizations to proactively secure their Linux environment like never before. Enjoy unprecedented real-time visibility into user actions, customizable controls, and the ability to stop commands pre-execution without the need for human intervention. Get ahead of the potential breach and block malicious attackers without blocking business. It’s the solution your DevOps and SecOps teams can finally agree upon.
Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to give companies a new way to secure their data.
You’ll work closely with our team of platform engineers to improve and expand the server-side software that manages and deploys Cmd’s agent into customers’ Linux environments. Our ideal candidate has a passion for technology, is a great communicator, and has an interest in contributing to the full product lifecycle (design, implementation, release, operation).
Skills and experience_
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- 2+ years experience working with Go
- Experience working with Linux, relational databases, Prometheus, git, and Bash
- Understanding of HTTP, TLS, and the web browser security model
- Experience designing, coding, optimizing, managing/deploying and troubleshooting highly-available, load-balanced, secure, HTTPS-accessible services
- Keen ability to communicate (verbally and in documentation) and share work with others on the team
- You're capable of developing criteria to prioritize tasks
- You're eager to collaborate with engineers to enhance the feature development process
- You possess self-awareness and a passion for continuous improvement
- You have a keen ability to communicate the thinking behind your decisions
- You can identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems