Golang / Go Job: Remote Golang Engineer for Well Funded startup to Change How the World Communicates
Remote Golang Engineer for Well Funded startup to Change How the World Communicates at Technical Integrity
Remote › 100% remote position (in US or Canada)(Posted Jan 17 2021)
About the company Completely distributed company with deep experience in building highly scalable SaaS platforms- incredible culture, excellent technical challenges, work-life balance, strong pay and benefits.
130,000 - 180,000
Working as a fully distributed and highly accomplished leadership team to change the way the world communicates. They have done it before to incredible success, and they are going to do it again. This is great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a proven and passionate team.
You'll build applications and products that will change how we communicate in the future.
In particular, their novel messaging and chat solutions reduce echo chambers, foster relevant discussions, promote freedom of expression, democratize power of voice, and emphasize privacy and security
A strong candidate will have a mix of strategic engineering, strong core values, a passion for innovating, and rich history with developing backend services.
Our client requires its engineers to be champions of the H A P P Y culture:
Humility. No brilliant jerks allowed. We encourage experimenting and learning from mistakes. We are never too good or too smart. We always strive to learn and get better.
Adaptability. We are not afraid of change or disruption. In fact, we are proactive about it and structure our organization to exchange ideas, drive innovation, and invent.
Passion. Passions are transmitted by people around us. We are passionate about our work, our influence, and our customers. Our organization and every member of our team is driven by purpose and a shared sense of mission.
Peers. Collaboration is crucial. Our default mode of operation is to be a giver. We take only when needed. You are never penalized for helping others even if you fall behind. Everyone is responsible if a team or individual needs help. We seek and embrace diversity. We are a team that goes beyond inclusion to fostering a sense of belonging for all of our members.
You. There are certain things based on science that we value. We value individuals that prioritize physical, mental, and emotional health. If you are doing everything in your power to be healthy, learn, and grow, you are a good fit.
(NOTE: we are eager to speak with candidates who believe they have the capability to learn (past Open Source OO dev experience) and contribute though they may not have all these tools or skills.
· Strong Golang or related experience in highly scalable SaaS products
· Experience working architecting Microservices environments
· Solid exposure to AWS or GCP
· Strong TDD and integration skills
· Excellent background in messaging systems
· Great exposure to distributed systems and working knowledge of partitioned databases, e.g., Google Spanner
· Deployment automation, e.g., Google Deployment Manager, Terraform
· 5+ years of production level engineering experience.
Nice to have skills that will bring you to the top of the list (not required)
· Strong containerization skills (our backend is fully containered on managed infrastructure)
· Familiar with search technologies, e.g., Lucene or Elasticsearch
· RPC technologies, e.g., Thrift, Protobuf, gRPC.
· Competitive salary and compensation package
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans and the majority of premiums paid for by the company
· STD, LTD, Life insurance offerings
· Unlimited time off - respect for time is mutual
· Reimbursement of up to $2,000 in personal workspace items to enable you to work the way you want while working from home in addition to a new Apple laptop, a new monitor and standard accessories
· Work remote from (almost) anywhere
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-eft-Remote-Golang-Engineer-for-Well-Funded-startup-to-Change-How-the-World-Communicates-Technical-Integrity-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com