About the company FindHotel is active in the online travel industry. Our HQ is in Amsterdam, the Netherlands but the team is spread around multiple countries.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
50000 - 80000EUR
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Back-end Engineer to help build the best content and mapping product in the industry. You will be joining FindHotel’s Marketplace Platform Tribe, where you will be working with other squads across tribes and closely interact and actively collaborate with the software engineers, data analysts, data scientist, and PO in the team.
We are working with a modern stack consisting of Go, Python, AWS (ElastiCache, StepFunctions, EC2, S3), Snowflake, dedupe, and more. We process large amounts of content daily and integrate with many suppliers. Content and mapping products are an important part of FindHotel’s platform. They allow us to offer the best possible comparison and offers to every traveller, worldwide. Hence, anything that you will develop and ship to production will have immediate effect on our users and on our business performance. We work in a flexible, result-oriented and customer-centric team structure, focussed on shipping value in a collaborative fashion, with hopefully just the right amount of bureaucracy.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, and design and develop content and mapping products.
- Integrate and improve (new) provider integrations by adjusting and training mapping models.
- Work with data analysts and data scientists to identify and implement improvements in the mapping of various providers.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements in terms of performance and code quality.
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you and your fellow engineers have a refinement session with the PO to discuss the upcoming features on the roadmap. You carefully consider the impact of the new feature on the entire product and raise questions and make suggestions of what is the most pragmatic approach to balance the technical excellence with the time to market. You are part of a discussion that builds on top of each other suggestions, ideas and comments. Today you have chosen to come to the office and after lunch you play table tennis or pool or go for a walk with colleagues in the city centre. In the afternoon, you enter a deep work period and finish working on improving one of the provider’s mapping models. Once down with that work you jump on a zoom call with the rest of the team to discuss the challenges and next steps with the PoC the team is building in this sprint. Throughout the day you monitor the product operations using DataDog.
Who we are looking for / requirements
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- You have a proven track record of designing, developing, and shipping highly scalable software
- You have a proven track record working in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have strong experience with at least two programming languages such as GoLang, C#, Java
- Experience with GoLang and Python is a plus
- You have experience with setting up data pipelines and good understanding of machine learning concepts
- Experience working with data analysts and data scientist on analysing data and identifying improvements is a plus
- You have experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with any of AWS, GitLab, CodeFresh, Terraform, Jenkins and Travis
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end users.
- You are flexible, curious, and independent, with a strong sense of ownership
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a can-do and can-learn attitude
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1.5M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and still growing very fast in 2020 despite the pandemic
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you'll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
Open for remote between UTC-4 and UTC+6
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://www.golangprojects.com/golang-go-job-ecu-Remote-Senior-Backend-Engineer-Golang-Amsterdam-FindHotel-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
[ job website ]