Senior Software Engineer (Golang) - Metadata
at JustWatch GmbH
🇩🇪 Germany › Berlin
About the company
JustWatch is the world’s leading movie and TV show streaming guide with over 15 million users. We make your streaming experience easy. See what’s new and popular on your favorite services or search for your favorite flick and see where it’s available. We currently list hundreds of legal streaming services in over 47 countries. The JustWatch apps are currently available on iOS and Android and we are working on adding more platforms (TV apps) and a lot more user-facing features this year.
We are looking for an experienced Go engineer to join our Content team to drive the future of key business areas.
JustWatch is the world’s leading movie and TV show streaming guide with over 20 million monthly users. We make it easy to see what’s new and popular on your favorite services or search for your favorite flick and see where it’s available. We currently list hundreds of legal streaming services in 47 countries.
The title streaming data is the foundation of JustWatch. Everything from the website, our TV and mobile apps to public APIs and data exports is depending on the quality and freshness of our data. The Content team is a group of dedicated and passionate people working together to build the world’s biggest collection of streaming information to keep millions of users and data partners happy.
Who we are looking for:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We are looking for people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”. Dedication to software craftsmanship and a drive for elegant and simple solutions come in a close second.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of deep familiarity with the Go language
- 4+ years of work experience in a backend engineering role
- Advanced experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Bonus: experience with ElasticSearch
- Bonus: familiarity with frontend frameworks like VueJS
- Fluent in English, ability to work onsite in Berlin
- Take end-to-end responsibility over building and scaling the APIs, data exports and embeddable widget used by our B2B partners
- Work closely with our Partners team to make sure our partners have a good and stable experience accessing our vast streaming data
- Maintain and improve the affiliate marketing tech behind monetization of our streaming data and partnerships
- Help our content operations team by improving our internal CMS tool built with VueJS
- Be involved in building and optimizing our content stack which includes our scraper, content api, database and Elasticsearch
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- Fun, fast-paced technology. Deploying via ChatOps via Slack. Docker on Kubernetes, Prometheus for instrumenting, ScyllaDB, infrastructure running on Google Cloud Platform. Fast decisions and turnarounds
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development, freedom and responsibility
- You will have access to an experienced founder team with an international track record in building successful tech companies
Sounds like you? Great! We’d like to meet you.
Just send an email to email@example.com with a CV and a short intro that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become.