Senior DevOps Engineer
at Trust in Soda
› 100% remote position (in US or Canada) (Posted Aug 30 2020)
130000 - 180000
Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
A open source data science platform is hiring is scaling due to growth and is looking for a senior DevOps engineer join their team to code, build and improve infrastructure, deployment, and testing processes.
Your major projects will include:
- Develop and scale internal Go backend for the hosted platform
- Manage and maintain internal Kubernetes clusters and hosted by clusters
- Optimize CI/CD to improve our development workflow
- Write internal tools
- Improve, test, script, and document the multitude of deployment options for core product including all cloud providers and various permutations of on-prem k8s and object stores.
- Build standard monitoring, logging, and deployment (Ideally you’ve built helm charts)
- You’ll be working closely with our front-end, backend, and systems team to improve hosted cluster stability and uptime.
While your primary focus will be building and maintaining various internal systems, you'll also have the opportunity to contribute to the core product and work directly with users/customers who have complex deployment environments.
You’d truly be hitting the ground running and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product.
What will your experience look like?
· Strong Golang is required. While much of the job is automation and scripting, our testing frameworks, product backend, and internal automation work (e.g. k8s operators/CRDs) are all written in Go.
· 4+ years of experience building, maintaining, and automating distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems or related infrastructure.
· Expertise running and managing Kubernetes and Docker in one or more cloud providers, preferably as part of a large-scale, enterprise-class product related to storage, processing, networking and/or virtualization
· Expertise running and managing build, test, and release processes for 10+ person engineering orgs
· Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. Our interview process strongly tests for communication as we have a very collaborative work environment where many parts of the codebase interact in complex ways.