Backend/Data Engineer - Golang, Kafka
at Startgrid, Inc.
› 100% remote position (in the US) (Posted Jun 25 2020)
About the company
Startgrid provides a cutting-edge software platform for building large scale innovation networks. Partnering with some of the world’s largest enterprises, Startgrid allows businesses to dramatically improve their sourcing of external innovation and their ability to engage partner ecosystems. These customers include Fortune 500 enterprises within the banking, insurance, auto, consulting and pharmaceutical industries.
At Startgrid, we are breaking down barriers and changing the world for the better. We embrace diversity, inclusivity and mutual respect. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. For more information, visit our website at corp.startgrid.com.
We’re looking for a Backend/Data Engineer who will specialize in building scalable, secure web application API's, micro-services, and data streaming systems for a B2B SaaS platform using Go, gRPC, Kakfa, and more.
If you are passionate about building backend technology in a collaborative startup environment with high level of ownership, and are looking to create a robust and scalable backend services platform from the ground up, we would love to talk to you.
* Design, develop, and support secure backend data services, API’s, and streaming data pipelines for our web application.
* Design machine learning training experiments, incorporate quality monitors, and ship successful models to production.
* Collaborate with the team to translate user stories and business requirements into production-grade solutions.
* Document your design and the systems you help build.
* Participate in peer reviews and help set standards for code, testing, and documentation.
* Build and maintain highly effective automated test suites to ensure quality.
Skills & Requirements
* 5-7+ yrs experience designing, building and shipping production software.
* Experience or strong interest in data streaming with Kafka; ETL and workflow management with Airflow; databases and search engines like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
* Knowledge of authentication and authorization best practices to secure a distributed microservices architecture.
* Experience contributing to Open Source projects is a plus.
* Understanding of machine learning fundamentals and familiarity with ML libraries.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, both technical and non-technical topics.
* Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid, Senior, Lead
Locations: Burlingame, CA; or Dallas, TX
Remote details: Remote OK