Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Mattermost, one of Y Combinator's top 100 companies , provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About The Role
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience building and managing continuous integration pipelines spanning multiple products, codebases and environments.
- Create and maintain build pipelines for server, mobile and desktop applications
- Maintain the company’s central Kubernetes clusters
- Be responsible for the technical release process of Mattermost products
- Manage version control using Git to ensure the correct patches are included in releases
- Drive the architecture of the Mattermost build infrastructure
- Build tooling to accomplish DevOps tasks and improve Mattermost internal processes
- Provide guidance to customers on their upgrade and build pipelines
- Support Mattermost R&D feature teams to help them meet their DevOps needs
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of experience working as a build or DevOps engineer
- Strong experience with build and orchestration tools we use: Jenkins, CircleCI, FastLane, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience writing quality code in Go
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira
- Experience working in open source communities
We're looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of Mattermost and improve the way the world communicates. The right person in this role has the opportunity to have a huge impact on Mattermost the product, and its many users worldwide, but also on our open source community that has been key to Mattermost's success. If this sounds like you - please apply!
Please mention that you found the job at Golangprojects.com
Senior Software Engineer - SpiderOak(June 2020) Remote US, 100% Remote
About SpiderOak Engineering
Our Engineering team is comprised of passionate and creative people who are committed to the premise that complexity is the enemy of security. The problem of security will not be solved by layering on more band-aids, e.g. firewalls...
Sr. Golang Engineer with Ruby - 100% remote - EPSG Corporation(June 2020) Remote US, 100% Remote
Sr. Go Developer for 6 month+ contract.
100% Remote Go Developer Role for U.S. based resources.
Customer has existing undocumented code from a third party build. Need a self starter who can review the code and make keep / refactor / rearchitect ...
Senior Golang Backend Engineer (Contactor) - Para(May 2020) Worldwide, 100% Remote
Full time senior golang contractor needed, for healthcare startup. Roughly two months worth of work but open to long term engagement. We use golang, kubernetes, and docker on GCP using a REST architecture....