Billing Engineer at Customer.io
Worldwide, 100% remote position (Posted Jul 2 2019)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
At Customer.io we believe that businesses that create strong relationships with their customers will outperform the ones that don’t. We’re working to make Customer.io the default choice for any internet business to deliver great, automated customer experiences at scale. Curious about how we're getting there? Check out our blog (https://customer.io/blog/)!
We're looking for a collaborative, customer-minded engineer with experience working with billing in a SaaS environment who is excited to help us improve on the next generation of features to our billing systems. We understand that you might not have all the skills we've listed, and that's okay. If you have a combination of some of the items listed and you're interested in developing in the others, we want to hear from you!
Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate and highly effective. We offer a lot of opportunity to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact. This is a cross-functional role in which you'll have the chance to work closely within our backend team, while interfacing with members of our Sales, Operations, Data and Support teams.
We value diversity, and as a distributed company are committed to giving you the flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world, on a schedule that fits your family and your life.
### What you'll do:
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand Go code that interfaces with Stripe, our billing provider
- Work with our billing manager to define, document, improve and automate our internal billing processes and notifications
- Investigate and monitor our day-to-day billing and account management activities with members of our Data team to ensure the highest quality of service for our customers
- Apply your understanding of SaaS billing to help us scale out our billing capacities to allow our Sales and Customer Success teams to better service our customer's needs
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals and teams
- Learn, practice and share with your coworkers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together.
### More about Customer.io
We're a profitable, remote-first SaaS company with employees all over the world, and an office in Portland, Oregon. We process more than 7 billion API requests every month to help 1200+ companies to communicate better with their customers. We believe in our goal of helping companies build meaningful, positive relationships with their customers though their digital interactions - and strive to lead by example with our own customer interactions.
For more information about our benefits and what it's like to work at Customer.io, check out our careers page: [https://customer.io/careers/]
- Flexible working hours
- 20 vacation days every year you're encouraged to use
- Full health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- We offer paid parental leave to all new parents, including parents who are adopting
- Monthly allowance for health and wellness
- A budget for the office equipment you'll need to do your best work from home, or at a coworking space in your area
- $2000 USD yearly to put towards education, training and conferences to help further your career
- Company retreats twice a year, in locations all over the world
We are passionate about our core values: **Responsibility, Empathy and Transparency** and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
At Customer.io, we’re committed to building a diverse environment and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups. We want people with different backgrounds from the team we have today to bring their perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Skills & requirements
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with Stripe or a similar financial API platform
- Comfort working in UNIX environments and applying modern collaborative development practices. Go experience is nice to have, but most of our engineers have succeeded while picking it up on the job
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
Instructions how to apply
Apply online at: https://grnh.se/db105ec01
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)