Software Engineer -- Robotics Integrations (Go) at Formant
San Francisco, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Dec 20 2018)
About the company
Formant builds cloud infrastructure to support the next generation of automation - autonomous tractors, warehousing robots, security robots, and delivery drones.
Formant is building cloud infrastructure to support the next generation of automation - autonomous tractors, warehousing robots, security robots, and delivery drones.
We're seeking a Go engineer to help extend our edge-deployed software that connects robotics and automation hardware to our cloud backend.
Skills & requirements
- Design and evolve software components for integration with robotics frameworks and middleware
- Implement custom integrations for high-value customers
- Champion best practices for Go software development
- Maintain open-source software for internal and external developers
- Understand customer needs and identify opportunities for innovation
- Shape the future of cloud robotics
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with the Go programming language
- Professional experience delivering packaged software to customers
- Strong grounding in systems fundamentals (concurrency, databases, distributed systems)
- Strong written communication skills
- Familiarity with robotics fundamentals and the robotics software ecosystem
- Experience with industrial automation, mechatronics, and/or embedded systems programming
- Experience building SDKs, developer tools, and a developer community
- A love for great tools (e.g. fast, correct, and reproducible builds, releases, test suites)
Instructions how to apply
Please apply via AngelList or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)