Senior Software Engineer - Golang - SF Bay Area or Remote (North America) at Tigera
San Francisco, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Oct 14 2018)
About the company
We believe in a future where developers create high performance, secure, cloud-native applications using micro-services, containers and orchestration tools without having to think about application connectivity, networking and security. And operations teams achieve effortless control, security and visibility, in alignment with developers to enable rapid deployment of new services.
The first step towards this vision of the future is to drive the broadest possible adoption of a truly cloud-native approach to application connectivity, networking and network security, which we believe dictates an open-source-first strategy, with packaged enterprise solutions built on open source. Hence our initial focus on open source Project Calico, Istio and related open technologies including Kubernetes.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
Tigera is looking for passionate and skilled Golang software engineers to join us in our mission to secure the next generation of cloud native applications. At the heart of our strategy is a set of open source networking and security projects (currently Calico, flannel, and Canal) that define the new gold standard for application connectivity within large scale cloud environments, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, and related technologies. Building upon this open source foundation, we are working on complementary commercial offerings to help enterprises build and operate cloud native applications and infrastructures, securely and at scale.
You will be joining a team that is highly engineering-focused with a culture that values diversity, collaboration, agility and innovation, keeping us one step ahead in the exciting and fast moving cloud-native technology space.
Skills & requirements
- 2+ years of xperience with the Golang programming language.
- A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative, agile development environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas and technologies: Networking, Security, Kubernetes, Docker, related or similar.
- Experience developing, securing or operating cloud scale applications or infrastructure.
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend conferences and to work with partners, customers and colleagues in other offices within the US and internationally.
- Experience or familiarity with any of these technologies: Istio, Envoy, CNI, OpenShift, Docker
- Experience in an open source based company, with a focus on cloud, networking and/or security.
But more than any specific experience, the most important criteria for success will be your talent, energy, and passion to help build and shape the future within a collaborative, agile, community-based environment.
Instructions how to apply
Go here: https://tigera.workable.com/jobs/814236, submit your resume. Done.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)