Software Engineer at Restless Bandit
San Francisco, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Aug 6 2018)
About the company
Restless Bandit is a well-funded San Francisco startup focused on helping companies identify and retain the best people in the exploding "war-for-talent" space. This is an exciting, near ground floor opportunity with a group of people with extensive experience in HR tech. Our founders were executives at Bright, an HR tech company acquired by LinkedIn for $130M. Our data scientists and engineers come from Bright, LinkedIn, and Google, and have extensive experience applying big-data methods to the hiring domain.
We work hard, but at the same time we have a laid-back, fun work environment. Some of the values that are important to us are:
- Helpfulness: we appreciate receiving help as well as giving it, and learning from each other as well as sharing knowledge and opinions
- Professionalism: we trust each other and assume independence and autonomy along with responsibility
- Curiosity: we’re interested in new ideas and alternative viewpoints; we prefer having our minds changed by thoughtful discussion over ‘winning’ a debate
- Calm & thoughtful approach: we believe that consistent, unhurried problem-solving produces better solutions than frantic ‘fire drills’
- Fun: we're thick as thieves. We have lunch together every day, host regular (and spontaneous) happy hours, and participate in professional meet-ups
Relocation compensation available
Build software that gets people hired. Restless Bandit is a well-funded startup that uses AI to help employers find great talent. As a Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and maintain core software systems. You will work on APIs, databases, developer tools, and data pipelines. You will work with a modern stack, including Go, Python, React, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and AWS. You will advocate for the tools and techniques which are right for the job. You will work with a team of talented engineers who build quality products.
We're excited to talk to you if:
- You have several years of experience building production-grade software
- You’re comfortable with (or want to learn) our stack: Go, Python, React, Postgres, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker, Spark/Hadoop.
- You’re an advocate for clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested systems
- You communicate your opinions clearly, and appreciate constructive feedback from others
- You’re comfortable with analyzing tradeoffs and making decisions
- You have a track record of getting things done, and you’re proud of your work
- This is an on-site role for our office in SOMA, San Francisco
- We are happy to help the right candidate with relocation
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Skills & requirements
Our stack is (currently): Go, Python, React, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker, Spark/Hadoop (and a few others).
Within our Go projects we use clean architecture, dependency injection (the process not the frameworks), and sqlx. We write tests first, and aim for branch coverage. We vet and lint everything (go vet / golint / go-metalinter / golangci-lint). We describe APIs with OAS (fka Swagger) and Twirp/GRPC/protobufs. We have a Slack emoji for :davecheney:
We'd love to talk to you if you love writing great software, and Go!
Instructions how to apply
Please provide a resume. If you can provide examples of your work (like a Github account), that would be great!
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)