Go/Go Lang SDET (Software Development Engr in Test) at Teradata
Austin, Texas, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Aug 1 2018)
About the company
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides analytic data solutions such as business applications, big data analytics and integrated data warehousing. Its solution offerings include software, hardware, and consulting and support services.
Teradata empowers data-driven companies to achieve competitive advantage and win in their markets by exploiting data for insight and value. With Teradata's industry-leading analytic data solutions and proven consulting experience and expertise, companies can become more competitive by leveraging insights from integrated data to, among other things, increase revenue and profitability, improve effectiveness, drive innovation, enhance customer relationships, improve business processes and reduce costs.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Analytical Ecosystems (AE) Group
Job Summary: Teradata Labs is looking for SDET to be a part of a team building IoTA products.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will be responsible for leveraging and extending existing test automation tools and frameworks. You must be comfortable doing so in a fast-paced agile environment. You should have strong experience in building automated testing capabilities for CI/CD pipelines and are knowledgeable around testing distributed systems on public and private clouds. Knowledge and experience around Test Driven Development is recommended.
Skills & requirements
Tools and Experience:
• Master in Computer Science with 4 years of experience, OR
• Bachelor in Computer Science or relevant field with 6 years of experience
• Have good Communication skills and problem solving skills
• Be a team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
• Good understanding about SDLC, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) concepts.
• Experience with requirement analysis, defect tracking, coordinating with team members in different locations and test reporting and closure.
• Professional experience in writing/maintaining test automation.
• Very good experience in UI test automation using any established frameworks like Selenium Framework.
• Professional experience in scripting languages like Python.
• Should be proficient with testing SOAP and RESTful Web services.
• Good knowledge about GoLang programming language.
• Professional experience with UNIX commands and shell scripting.
• Professional Experience with performance testing of the application using tools like JMeter.
• Working knowledge of Relational Database Management System with Postgres, Oracle Database systems, etc.
Good to Have:
• Knowledge about Cloud Computing platforms like AWS, OpenStack, Docker
• Knowledge about IOT
• Knowledge about Protractor (UI automation) framework
• Understanding of development and testing of micro-services based applications.
• Knowledgeable on continuous integration and deployment applications like Jenkins.
• Relevant certifications from International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)