Go Software Engineer at Circonus, Inc.
Fulton, Maryland, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jul 13 2018)
About the company
Circonus is a software company that is changing the way the world monitors both IT infrastructure and the business it powers. Our SaaS and On-premise solutions enable companies to combine monitoring, alerting, event processing, and predictive analytics into a unified solution. Visualize any data, in any application, from any system, in real-time. Circonus scales from a single team to a worldwide organization that tracks thousands of devices analyzing millions of metrics. API driven automation empowers developers and makes operational teams incredibly efficient, while analytics drive insights that improve organization wide performance.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from (a) delivering an industry-leading offering and (b) an obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others. This is probably the kind of place where you want to work.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, health insurance, gym reimbursement, a generous 401 K, the opportunity for a bonus and more.
- Remote work possible
Our Software Engineers focus on the design, development and overall lifecycle of our software products. You’ll join a team of high-performing engineers who strive to improve Circonus’s monitoring and analytics platform.
As a Software Engineer you’ll be expected to operate independently, though your day-to-day will often involved working working with a small team to create, support, and deploy production applications.
In particular we are seeking someone to help support an effort to rewrite our existing monolithic web application as Go microservices. Prior experience with such a rewrite is strongly preferred - please mention it directly within your cover letter.
Skills & requirements
- Work in the office or remotely, or both (but not at the same time)
- Design, build, maintain, and document our APIs and services
- Support our internal shift from a monolithic architecture over to a micro-service oriented model
- Design and implement software in Go, C, Perl or whatever language is appropriate for the task
- Develop and support back-end systems and support tools
- Implement customer requests including API features and tool requests
- Find and address bottlenecks and performance issues across the application stack
- Unit, functional, and performance testing of produced deliverables
- Work with Product team to to ensure high quality deliverables
- Participate in peer review during design, coding and testing
- 4+ years experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable application servers and APIs in a team environment
- Significant experience in server-side development with Go and related frameworks, this is mandatory, please do not apply if you don't have real world Go experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with a RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Understanding of Unix-based software development environments
- Passion for quality-oriented software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests and distributed branching models
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Instructions how to apply
Please apply at https://jobs.lever.co/circonus/32e94960-c5e8-43c6-9746-9dc2e4ef1112.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)