Backend Engineer - Developers Care team at Heetch
🇫🇷 (Posted Jun 14 2018)
About the company
Heetch is a ride-sharing app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out. Every night and day, our drivers are doing everything to make your ride unforgettable and friendly! We are focusing on young people expectations and compete with many actors on this segment.
The service has been launched in Paris in September, 2013 and is growing very fast since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Italy, Sweden, Belgium and Morocco.
With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the French fastest growing startup!
- Remote work possible
Remote - Anywhere in Europe
The top priority of our developer-driven team is to improve the productivity of other developers in the company by spotting generic needs across teams and addressing them in the most impactful way.
Whether this is done by introducing a new technology or designing a creative solution to a problem shared by multiple teams, it's done through carefully collected feedbacks, analysis and is delivered iteratively, following closely open-source methodologies.
From the inside, we're a caring team of engineers who share the same set of values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
• Team Unity : No one is left behind.
• Move Fast : No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
• Knowledge Sharing : Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
• It's OK to fail : Succeed together, learn together.
With the very broad spectrum of challenges we're facing every week, our team is seeking an experienced and pragmatic developer to build solutions that will help Heetch to scale to its next level.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves building software for other developers (shiny documentation included!), have strong problem-solving skills and having great empathy for others.
CHALLENGES YOU’LL BE FACING WITH US
• Build the best local environment a developer could hope for while dealing with the complexities introduced by our growth and a micro-service architecture
• Build a simple yet powerful set of internal libraries for backend developers to help them to build their micro-services while never impeding their ability to make their own choices
• Design generic solutions to address challenges faced by multiple teams and open-source them
• Contribute to transitioning the backend architecture to an event-sourcing approach
• Constantly learn through a very broad scope of technologies, from Docker to Event-Sourcing and Functional Programming in order to spot the most impactful path to help the tech team
• Build the backbone and tools for others to write services that handle millions of users
• Write top notch documentation and support other developers
• Collect feedback and exchange with other teams through stellar communication
• Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Leave code better than you found it.
• Create a positive environment for the people around you.
• Lead by example.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
Skills & requirements
• Strong knowledge of either Go or Elixir
• Solid experience as a Backend Engineer
• Design elegant and usable public APIs
• Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
• Understand that simple is not easy
• Comfortable crafting solutions in a polyglot environment, mainly Go or Elixir and occasionally others when it makes sense
• Awareness and understanding of technical constraints as well as product constraints
• Knowledge about Event Sourcing, Kafka
• Your current language of choice is not first "main" language
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)