Data Engineer at techfolk on behalf of Fresh8 Gaming
Bristol, UK, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted May 18 2018)
About the company
Fresh8 is a totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a “Next Generation” product for world leading gambling operators and publishers.
We’re constantly breaking new ground in sports betting advertising, by offering a game changing range of automated tooling across display, programmatic, affiliate, social media and video channels that instantly connect sports fans with personalised bets.
Through the use of our advertising tools, we’re helping clients including The Telegraph, Marca.com, SkyBet, William Hill and Ladbrokes Coral to more efficiently acquire new customers and increase yield from existing customers.
We have grown to a team of nearly 40 strong staff across offices in Bristol and London.
Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
Fresh8 is hiring for a Data Engineer to work on the fast-evolving data platform within our microservice-based architecture. The data pipeline is backed by Google Cloud Pubsub for messaging and has microservices written in both Go and Python.
We offer variety and plenty of project work around designing and productionising our new analytics platform, utilising cutting edge data science technologies and helping us develop a deep understanding of our data across our platform, ad clicks and metrics.
We've built an innovative adtech platform that's integrated within online betting platforms to connect sports fans with highly relevant content. Our whole stack is built on open source and we contribute back wherever possible, check us out on Github.
We utilise Google BigQuery as the data warehouse with several reporting APIs built on top of it. We have a bespoke microservice which uses machine learning to classify content using named-entity recognition to extract entities to ensure high accuracy of ad placement.
You’ll be fully supported while enjoying autonomy to make decisions with a say in new technologies and approaches, joining a team that regularly delivers code to production.
**We're currently working on**
- Scaling our analytics platform to meet the demands of the business
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Processing vast amounts of data to surface crucial business intelligence driving decision making
- Working with our clients to build advanced user tracking and increase conversions after the point of interaction
**Salary and benefits**
- £45,000 - £55,000+ negotiable (we're keeping an open mind)
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Flexible working practises, most of the team work from home one day a week - we care about the job you do not where - you do it from | 25 days holiday + bank holidays | generous hardware budget to help you choose the right tools for the job | pension scheme with matched contributions | health insurance which includes gym, dental cover and other health related product discounts | a Perkbox account with all the goodness and discounts that come with it | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London
Skills & requirements
**We're looking for**
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- Practical skills in building and managing data pipelines
- A degree in Computer Science or other Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Experience utilising databases, SQL, NoSQL and Big Data Tools
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Someone ready for Data Engineer jobs in Bristol such as: Data Engineer | Big Data Engineer | Data Scientist | Go Developer | Golang Engineer | Python Developer | Back End Developer etc.
**You may also bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following**
- Message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka)
- ETL/data stream processing (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam)
- Data warehouse maintenance
- Familiarity with basic machine learning and statistics concepts such as clustering, linear regression and decision trees
- Data visualisation and presentation skills
Instructions how to apply
Please send your CV (if it's not ready it's ok, just get in touch anyway) to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note: the employer is unable to consider applicants that don't already hold the necessary work permit for employment in the UK.**
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)