Software Engineer at The Sensible Code Company
Fully remote, timezone +/-3 hours from GMT, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Mar 19 2018)
About the company
Sensible Code build software for economists and statisticians to access modern data science techniques and machine learning.
* We use lots of Go, Python, AWS, Docker and more.
* We all work remotely, within 3 hours of GMT.
* We all have balanced lives, exact working times are flexible.
* We’ve a generous 30 days holiday.
- Remote work possible
Help build our super-fast statistical table builder for big, confidential datasets. Customers are economists and statisticians.
Key things to know about this job:
* Full stack web development using Go and AWS
* Work with the UK’s well-regarded Office for National Statistics
* Create world-leading anonymisation algorithms for large datasets
* Flexible, fully remote working
Skills & requirements
Your skills are:
* Believe in good software engineering — from unit tests to pull requests
* Comfortable with Unix systems administration and devops
* Like writing in public and private and presenting to clients
* Value Agile for its original manifesto principles
You’ll be responsible for
* Pushing projects as a whole to reach “done done”;
* Understanding customer needs and designing ways of solving them;
* Participating and steering project meetings.
Instructions how to apply
To apply, send the following:
* A sample of any code you’ve written either as an attachment, or a link to a repository;
* Your CV;
* Your telephone number.
To firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting scjob20gp in the subject line (no agencies).
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)