Sr. DevOps Engineer at AT&T
El Segundo, California, United States (Posted Jan 15 2018)
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
Do you dream of a world where you can outsource all the mundane and repetitive tasks to machines and robots? So do we and we’re making it happen through automation! We believe that human brain-cycles should not be wasted doing humdrum tasks and if you agree with us, we may have an awesome job for you!
As a member of our team, you will design and develop a world-class automation delivery framework with best of breed technologies. The framework and tools will be used by hundreds of engineers and will deliver software products used by millions of customers. In short, you will play a critical role in improving our software development lifecycle and help streamline product delivery to our customers.
Some of the cool things you’ll do include:
• Design, develop, and support software for our cutting-edge automation framework.
• Develop automation pipelines to deliver software to public/private clouds and physical computing devices (STBs, TVs, mobile, and streaming devices).
• Invent new ways to improve software delivery speed and efficiency.
• Develop logistical software systems to promote micro services/applications to prod and non-prod environments.
• Develop standards for software development and delivery.
• Enforce quality standards through automation.
• Develop modules to integrate unit tests, code analyzers, security scans, software deployments, automated tests, and reports with our automation pipeline.
• Drive change and implement automation wherever possible.
• Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress to peers and management.
• Stay current with industry trends, technologies, and standards.
• Get kudos for a job well done!
Will provide relocation assistance.
Skills & requirements
• BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required.
• Minimum two years of experience with Go, Java, Groovy, C++ or other object-oriented language.
• Minimum two years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.).
• Minimum two years of experience working with Jenkins or other CI orchestration software.
• Minimum two years of experience with distributed version control systems and knowledge of branching/merging strategies.
• Minimum two years of experience working with micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Solid understanding of software configuration management.
• Solid understanding of the technical practices, architectures, and cultural norms that underpin DevOps success.
• Solid understanding of cloud computing services (AWS, Azure) with experience writing automation for cloud platforms.
• Comfortable provisioning and administering Linux environments on premise and in the cloud.
• General understanding of communication protocols (HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in English.
• Possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and fearless “go-getter” attitude.
• Ability to wear many hats and juggle many balls simultaneously.
• Play nice with others.
Instructions how to apply
Feel free to email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the Sr. DevOps Release Engineer role (1759099) at http://att.jobs/.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)