Software Engineer / Go Developer at Couchbase, Inc.
Manchester, United Kingdom (Posted Sep 6 2017)
The Couchbase Mobile team is looking for a software engineer to join their Sync Gateway team. Sync Gateway is a data synchronization server that enables Couchbase Server to act as a replication endpoint for our mobile database Couchbase Lite. Sync Gateway maintains up-to-date copies of documents where users need them additionally providing access control and security.
• As part of our core development team you will be working on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
• Day to day duties will include programming, feature design, bug fixing and code reviews.
• Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
• Liaise directly with the Technical Support team to help debug and resolve high priority customer issues.
• As well as the product itself, you’ll be challenged to improve the tools and processes we use every day.
• Help create user-focused documentation for the features you create.
• Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors.
Skills & requirements
• BS Computer Science
• 5+ years programming experience
• Experienced in concurrency / multi-threaded programming
• Would ideally be able to demonstrate experience in large scale, distributed systems and understand the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform.
• Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
• Familiarity with distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Linux and Windows is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS).
• Experience with the GO programming language
• Familiarity with REST interfaces a plus
Instructions how to apply
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)