Senior Software Engineer at OneConfig
Cape Town, South Africa
🇿🇦 (Posted Jan 3 2017)
About the company
At OneConfig we simplify the complicated and expensive processes around managing, monitoring and providing insightful reporting for Junos devices.
* Plan, design and develop new features and improvements of the OneConfig platform.
* Improve the visibility (monitoring/tracing), availability, latency, security and scalability of backend services.
* Produce high quality, maintainable code with great test coverage.
* Make intelligent choices for the adoption of new technologies based on your extensive experience.
* Do code reviews and help other developers to improve our code.
* Independently work on analysis, development and testing.
* Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence/regression.
* Actively influence the designs and architectures for distributed systems and micro services.
* Work with internal/external teams of developers and other stakeholders across multiple time-zones.
Skills & requirements
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, demonstrable practical experience.
* Minimum 5 years of Go programming experience (for network/distributed/analytics services).
* Minimum 7 years of programming experience with languages like C/C++, Haskell, Ruby or Python (at least one).
* Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs.
* In-depth experience with one or more of JSON, MsgPack and XML.
* Good practices documenting, writing and maintaining clean code.
* Solid understanding of Networking.
* Able to design data models for RDBMSs like MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as for any kind of NoSQL data store including MongoDB, Redis and others.
* Very good knowledge of Linux/UNIX server operating systems and strong systems-level debugging skills.
* In-depth experience with one or more of AWS, Google Cloud Services, Rackspace or DigitalOcean.
* Very good knowledge of Git.
* Self motivated and able to take initiative.
* Work comfortably alone and as part of a team.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
* Experience with distributed systems and resilience patterns as well as implementing them.
* Understanding of processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks and Linux performance monitoring.
* Strong problem solving skills; understanding/application of algorithms and complexity analysis.
* Expertise in designing, implementing and monitoring micro service architectures.
* Track record of Open Source contributions.
Instructions how to apply
If you are interested or know of anyone who might be interested please head over to https://www.indeed.co.za/Oneconfig-jobs to apply or require more information.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)