Working Student / Trainee - Go(lang) Content Engineering at JustWatch GmbH
Berlin, Germany, Germany (Posted Jul 25 2016)
About the company
JustWatch is an international movie marketing startup based in Berlin. Founded in October 2014 by an experienced and successful team with world-class knowledge in marketing, product and AdTech we are constantly looking for passionate people to join our mission.
JustWatch offers data-driven movie marketing for the film industry. Based on user data from justwatch.com and our apps - by now the largest streaming search engine worldwide - we run data-driven digital marketing campaigns for Hollywood’s latest blockbusters as well as for independent movies.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Who we are looking for:
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”. Dedication to software craftsmanship and a drive for elegant and simple solutions come in a close second.
- You will advance the internals of our content backend, including our custom scraper and the content API
- You will care about tooling, metrics and other solutions to hold up our content quality to the highest standards
- You will write, extend and debug microservices for both existing and planned features (user logins & interactions, subscriptions)
- You will engage on all the levels of content management - from manually fixing important content to automating it on a global scale
- You will help design data models and schemas on different data stores (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- You will enable our distributed worldwide freelancer team writing content provider plugins 24/7
- You will excel in an international and internationalized environment, caring for the needs of our users in 16 countries so far
- You will interface closely with our infrastructure team in building highly available and reliable services
Skills & requirements
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- Smart people with a desire to ship
- At least a few months of deep familiarity of the Go(lang) language
- Skills around the linux command line including basic networking and web technologies
- Experience with some SQL and NoSQL data stores, preferably Postgres and ElasticSearch
- Basic knowledge of active and passive security measures and cryptography
- Initial experience about data structures and primitives of distributed systems
- Ability and desire to work with cutting edge container and cluster technology
- Fluent in English, ability to work onsite in Berlin
Instructions how to apply
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
Apply to email@example.com now! We are very much looking forward to meeting you.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)