Go Developer with a Linux background at Chengbao Ltd
Hong Kong, Hong Kong (Posted May 18 2015)
About the company
- We're profitable, growing, and actively hiring. We're a team of about 50+ people world-wide, with our core team of 20 people in Hong Kong.
- We have a flat team structure. You'll report to the co-founder. He has a technical background, writes code himself, and can provide clear requirements. This lets our team work efficiently.
- We invest heavily in automated tests and follow the Continuous Delivery methodology, meaning we ship features as soon as they're ready. When rspecs are green, we know it's safe to deploy.
- We have a spacious office Wan Chai. Lots of light, open space, quadcopter, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all right next to the MTR.
- Remote work is NOT possible
We provide consumer VPN and DNS services that are easy to use, fast, and secure. We've been operating for 6 years, we’re profitable, growing, and actively hiring. All of our engineering team of about 20 people is based in Hong Kong.
You’ll join our team of developers, UX designers, and product managers to:
1. Use Go to build cross-platform components shared by our apps for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops, and potentially soon routers as well.
2. Using a language of your choice, build Linux tools related to security and networking
Your exact responsibilities will depend on your skills and interests, but shared aspects are:
1. Implement new features with superb code quality and high levels of automated test coverage.
2. Work closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
3. Write specs for highly technical features
4. Do code-reviews with other developers on the team
1. Attractive compensation
2. Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Lots of light, open space, quadcopter, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all in a convenient location.
3. Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
Skills & requirements
1. At least a basic background in Go / Golang already, and excited about becoming an expert
2. Expert in writing automated tests
3. Experience with Linux
4. Solid understanding of IP networking
5. Hunger for learning new skills
6. Passion for writing well-architected readable code that’s easy to maintain by a team of several developers
Instructions how to apply
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Company website: Chengbao Ltd
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)