Software Engineer - Versatile, Creative, Quick, Resourceful, Friendly
Looking for: Permanent / Freelance
- Can work remotely
I started coding as a kid when, more than 20 years ago, my dad helped me write a BASIC program to approximate pi. I quickly went on to make mouse-controlled games, explore fractals, and experiment with audio. Now I have a BS in computer science and mathematics, and some diverse experiences to draw from.
I spent 3 great years working on an agile team of ten. Then I decided to expand my horizons in academia, earning a masters degree and working for 3 years on a PhD in evolutionary robotics. Now, after a year writing Go for my own joy, I'm returning to industry.
I like to stay fit, eat well, and stare in awe at the stars. Also, when the weather is good, soar like a bird (in a sailplane).
• Good communicator. Quick to learn new skills, languages, technologies.
• Love to work closely with others (a good way to learn and share), but perfectly capable alone.
• TDD and Scrum for 3 years -- they are very effective methodologies.
• Machine learning, genetic algorithms.
• GUI programming (Qt, Cocoa, Windows Forms, rolled my own framework in Go), some OpenGL.
• Digital signal processing.
• API design; see, e.g., https://code.google.com/p/portaudio-go/, in which I adapted the PortAudio C interface to Go.
• Parallel programming, especially in Go.
• I haven't done any web or mobile programming but I am interested in gaining some experience.
• Languages: Go, Python, C#, C/C++, Objective-C, Smalltalk, Java, Ruby, LISP, ... most languages can be learned quickly once you know a few.
What I look for
I would prefer to work on a team doing open source Go, but I am open to most anything.
Pretty much anywhere, for some value of "anywhere" ;-) That is, I am open to relocation, but of course it depends on the location and the job.
How to contact me
Please contact me via LinkedIn mail.
Let them know you found their profile at https://www.golangprojects.com
(Everyone wants to know how they were found)