Software Engineer at Avocet
London, United Kingdom (Posted Aug 29 2014)
About the company
Avocet is a new advertising technology company. We're building complete, simple and beautiful tools for buying digital media, and we're building them in Go. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of brilliant, driven individuals and have a huge impact at an early stage company. You'll be developing cutting-edge tech for the programmatic digital advertising industry, an industry that is seeing double-digit growth year after year and is constantly providing opportunities to solve new technology-related problems.
You'll have all the benefits of getting in early: influence over direction, opportunity to lead, a share of equity and the experience of building a progressive technology company from the ground up.
Avocet is looking for a full-time Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in London. This is a hands-on position where you will be involved in duties ranging from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You should be a leader, excelling in communication, ownership, and openness. This is an opportunity within an early stage start-up to help shape the technology, product and the business.
The successful candidate will bring deep technical and development expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving startup environment to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
The Software Engineer reports directly to the CTO and will be a key contributor to the engineering organization by working closely with the founding team to deliver industry-leading products to our customers.
* Design, deploy and maintain low-latency, high-availability technologies capable of processing well over 100k QPS.
* Architect applications capable of considering thousands of variables to make near real-time decisions in well under 100ms.
* Work across a variety of progressive programming and database technologies including Go/Golang, Node.js, MongoDB, Hadoop/Hive, Presto and InfluxDB.
* Work on multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
* Maintain an understanding of current and emerging web technologies.
* Solve complex problems, drive projects from concept to conclusion, and demonstrate a results-oriented working style.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively influence the product roadmap and wider organisation.
* Employ development standards such as style guides, documentation and unit testing.
* Be able to work on own initiative and be focused.
* Have excellent time and project management skills.
Skills & requirements
* Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering (equivalent experience).
* 2+ years of accomplishment as a software developer.
* Experience in client-server frameworks, templates, SQL and databases, as well as associated technologies like C++, Go, Hadoop and Java may be required.
* Be able to work with various operating systems, including Microsoft, Linux, and OS X.
Instructions how to apply
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)