Go (Golang) Developer - Cloud Telephony API at SonicCloud
New York City, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Dec 9 2015)
About the company
We are a venture-backed startup with investments from VC's and private investors in the SF Bay Area and NYC. SonicCloud is developing a cloud-based global telecommunications platform with a proprietary DSP infrastructure. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have offices in NYC and SF.
Permanent / Freelance
- Remote work possible
Do you want to achieve a vision Alexander Graham Bell would love?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Go developer to lead developing RESTful and real-time APIs for a cloud-based telecommunications platform. This position will report to the CTO.
If you have a passion for real-time audio and video applications that will meaningfully change how millions of people communicate and you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, then join us!
Skills & requirements
• Work closely with the Architect and CTO to design SonicCloud's applications and services
• Implement RESTful and real-time APIs
• Contribute to making the team awesome
• Outstanding experience in Go (Golang) and at least one of C, C++, or Erlang
• Deep knowledge of RESTful and real-time API principles and design methodologies
• Understanding and experience building scalable and highly concurrent real-time Web services
• Knowledge of WebRTC and telecom signaling and media protocols (SIP, RTP, IMS, etc.)
• Building out real-time applications at scale and delivering over a cloud-based platform
• Strong problem-solving and quantitative analytical skills
• An ability to synthesize complex product offerings and communicate them effectively
• Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Highly motivated, self-starter, and able to work in the rapidly changing environment of a growing tech startup
• Success in a Lead or Senior Developer role
• Proven track record creating APIs for real-time media applications and server platforms
• Knowledge of real-time DSP
• Familiarity with technologies such as node.js, AMQP, BigCouch
• Knowledge of front-end web UI technologies and frameworks
• Experience with running telephony and communication servers in the cloud
• Understand and have worked in an Agile Environment (Scrum/Kanban)
New York City (preferred), San Francisco, or remote
Instructions how to apply
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, an alias that routes to me (Craig Stevenson). I look forward to meeting you.
Company website: SonicCloud
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)