Application/Backend Developer at Station Local
San Diego, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Aug 24 2015)
About the company
STATION (https://stationlocal.com) answers the question "What's happening around me?"
STATION is a powerful broadcasting platform based on local discovery.
STATION shows you "What's Going on Around You". Users can share LIVE or recorded audio and video, pictures, and text, all linked to a specific location.
Permanent / Freelance
- Remote work possible
You will be working on a Go(lang) code base written in a micro services architecture using JSON distributed across multiple data centers. We use CoreOS/Docker on Google's Cloud to deliver 200ms-300ms response times. PostgreSQL & AeroSpike databases power our backend data storage and Google Buckets for asset storage.
Skills & requirements
• Experience with Go(lang) is nice to have
• Solid experience Micro Service Architecture
• Have solid experience building scalable web applications using open source technology
• View programming as "your craft" and have strong opinions on the subject
• Want to gain further experience scaling a high traffic website to millions of requests/day
• Excited about achieving the quickest response times possible
• Experience w/ Agile Methods & Scrum Meetings is nice to have
• Experience with Redis is nice to have
• Experience with Vagrant is nice to have
• Experience with CoreOS/Docker is nice to have
• Experience with AeroSpike is nice to have
• Experience with PostgreSQL/SQL is a must
• Knowledgeable in HTTP/DNS protocols
• Strong understanding of web standards-based HTML(5) / CSS(3) / AJAX coding.
• Confident in a Linux environment using bash and vi/emacs
• Use a design pattern when you can and write reusable code
• Use Distributed Version Control (Github)
• Familiar with functional programming languages
• Live in the cloud
Instructions how to apply
If you are interested in applying for this job please email your resume along with code examples/project links to email@example.com.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)