Software Engineer, Deis at Deis
San Francisco, Portland, Boulder, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Aug 19 2015)
About the company
Deis (pronounced DAY-iss) is an open source Platform as a Service (PaaS) that makes it easy to deploy and manage applications on your own servers. Deis builds upon Docker and CoreOS to provide a customizable lightweight PaaS.
Deis can quickly deploy your applications via Dockerfile or by referencing any Docker image.
If you aren't yet using Docker, Deis includes buildpacks for a number of languages and frameworks including Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, Clojure, Scala, Play, PHP, Perl, Dart and Go. Simply push your code to Deis and it handles the rest.
Deis is a highly available fault tolerant distributed system. Deis represents a set of curated technologies which combine to provide seamless application deployment and scaling, log aggregation and built-in HTTP routing.
Deis can be deployed on any system that supports CoreOS including most public clouds, private clouds and bare metal. Instructions are available for deploying Deis to many popular infrastructures at deis.io.
If you are already using Amazon Web Services, you can use Deis PRO which offers a simple automated deployment of Deis into your existing Amazon account.
Who we are
We are passionate about what we do and everything revolves around our customers. We are supporters of Open Source, conference speakers and organizers. We are friends with our teammates and we care about them as much as we do our customers.
You are smart and passionate about software, you care about customers. You welcome challenges and enjoy working closely with both local and distributed teammates. You possess strong development skills, along with experience in working with open source.
This Software Engineer will be a member of Engine Yard’s Boulder-based Engineering team working on Deis, an open-source PaaS built on CoreOS and Docker. We write Go and Python with a bit of shell, and we love clean code with great test coverage.
- Architecting and implementing new Deis features
- Improving existing functionality and fixing bugs
- Reviewing and approving GitHub Pull Requests from the Deis open-source community
- Owning overall code, application delivery and operational quality
Skills & requirements
- Have contributed to and are involved with open source communities
- Resourceful at debugging systems and networks with common *NIX tools
- Experience in cloud architectures and deployments
- You make pragmatic decisions and understand the importance of communication in distributed teams
- The ability to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Signs of Awesome Candidates:
- Experience with Docker containers or CoreOS Linux
- Are familiar with Heroku, CloudFoundry, or other PaaS solutions
- Are familiar with Ceph or other distributed filesystems
Instructions how to apply
see the job website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)