Senior Full Stack Developer at Newtopia
🇨🇦 (Posted Mar 10 2015)
About the company
Newtopia is a personalized health company utilizing an innovative enterprise health engagement platform to inspire individuals to make the right lifestyle choices. We are a mature a start-up that’s looking for people who want to be pioneers and help pave the way. We’re driven to help people live happier, healthier, longer lives.
If you want to join a team of people who feel inspired, empowered and motivated and who own their jobs with pride, then this is the company for you!
- Remote work is NOT possible
Newtopia, a mature, well-financed start-up with major commercial traction is looking to add expertise to their existing top-notch development team to work on releasing a new responsive web/app. We are searching for talented software engineers who want to stretch their development skills to their full potential.
You can shine by creating efficient code and working alongside and leading our developers and designers to create a frictionless and impactful user experience.Your job is to create modules/components in a variety of leading-edge technologies, particularly React, Reflux, Go, and Postgres. (We do have a stable DB schema.)
We eat, sleep, and breathe code. The developers in our office are more than software builders; they’re experts in their fields. We want a candidate who embraces outside skills in technology, problem-solving and effective communication. Put simply, show us what you want to become and how you can be a hands-on software and collaborative team leader.
Skills & requirements
What you bring:
• Server-side development (Go, Node.js, C/C++/Java, Rails, etc.)
• Database design and normalization
• Object oriented analysis and design
• Web/Mobile architecture and expertise
• Delivery expertise and ability to lead a Dev team
• Agile/Scrum leadership
What you’ll be doing:
• Build code using modern best practices and methodologies
• Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle using iterative development and version control
• Work with emerging technologies in web, mobile, and enterprise environments
• Delivery of projects from conception to implementation for hundreds of thousands of users
• Develop and incorporate new design ideas and best practices with the team
• Build software with business requirements and design specs in mind
• Continue to grow your expertise in a variety of technologies and industries
• Plan, design, and develop enhancements to existing applications
• Work closely with business owners, designers, data scientists
You definitely need:
• Completed degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in Computer Science or related field
• Bonus points if you have an advanced degree in related field.
What you’re committed to:
• Driven by passion and an intense internal pride in your craftsmanship
• Demonstrate a defined set of software development best practices
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Aptitude towards learning new technologies and languages
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Live and work in Toronto, remote applicants will not be considered
Instructions how to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to HR@newtopia.com . We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)