Software Engineer - Backend and API Focused at Leadmotion
New York, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jun 22 2014)
- Remote work possible
We're looking for someone to help out a small resourceful team responsible for implementing a mobile billing and messaging platform, which allows end users to purchase apps and services on their mobile devices.
A draft of the specs, flows, and requirements is already completed. With your input, improvements can be made and plans can be finalized then turned into the end product.
The position is on a per-project basis and will require approximately 1 month of time. Upon completion, further opportunities for continued per-project or contractual arrangements are available as the needs for new features and improvements arise.
Skills & requirements
* You're a gopher that writes clear, idiomatic Go code
* Testing make sure that business logic doesn’t break when changes are made. Excessive TDD not required, just enough to keep things moving.
* Scalability: handling millions of requests per day with minimal downtime
* Queues with multiple consumers, correctly dealing with concurrency issues
* Scheduling: sending out mobile messages at a specific time, also handling recurring messages
* Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): several services are working together including user-facing web pages, administration backend, metrics tracking and reporting, and mobile messaging
* Internationalization: mobile messages must support different languages
* PostgreSQL: using optimal data types, hstore/arrays, indexes, views, complex queries, joins, and aggregation
* Must be available to communicate in real-time for an hour or two during Eastern Standard Time (EST) business hours
* Fluency in English necessary for efficient communication
Instructions how to apply
Send an email over to email@example.com and include:
* a link to your GitHub / Bitbucket / place that has some samples of your work
* or just attach a zip file of some examples
* or whatever you think best demonstrates your previous experience such as a portfolio/resume
* the best way to get in touch with you (such as Skype / phone number)
* your earliest availability
* approximately how many hours per week you can dedicate to this project
Company website: Leadmotion
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)