Principal Engineer, Core Engineering at Comcast
Denver, Colorado, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jun 19 2014)
About the company
VIPER (Video IP Engineering & Research), is a startup division within Comcast’s Technology and Product Division and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media. We are a cloud-based, IP video infrastructure that’s been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
As a Principal Engineer in our engineering group, you will design, develop, and deliver scalable software. You will work cross functionally across our four software engineering teams:
• Content Origination: origination and packaging service software for Adaptive Streaming Video.
• Big Data: innovating and cutting edge practices for real-time and batch based processing of data.
• Player Platform: builds the IP Video Players for all of Comcast hardware platforms.
• Alternate Content: engineers dynamic advertising, blackouts and emergency alerts.
We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.\
• Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
• Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
• Diagnose performance issues and propose and code improvements
• Prove scalability with load generating tools
• Ensure our massively parallel networked systems have zero defects
• Ensure the software architecture is lean and extensible
• Ensure software modules are reliable for reuse
• Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
• Be a team resource to help watch for new technologies and methodologies that are relevant to our problem space
Skills & requirements
• BS in Computer Science and 8+ years equivalent experience; MS in Computer Science highly preferred
• Experience in programming languages Java and C/C++. Experience with GO preferred but not required.
• Experience developing software on and for multicore Linux machines
• Intensive knowledge of Object Design, Design patterns, and Algorithms
• Experience developing software for Networking, Web services, HTTP, and TCP/IP
• Experience developing multi-threaded and high performance software
• Experience with FFMPEG, HLS, HDS, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and H.264 compression a plus
• Experience developing mobile applications including iOS and Android preferred
• Good communicator; able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
• Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
We will pay for relocation within the USA.
Instructions how to apply
Resumes can be sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!!
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)