Software Engineer, Backend at Proper Technologies, Inc.
San Francisco, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Mar 19 2019)
About the company
Proper's mission is to build the tools necessary to empower humankind to fix the world's buildings.
Our apps simplify communication around property maintenance for landlords, tenants and contractors so that getting it fixed is a fast and joyful experience.
Check us out here: https://proper.chat/
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Proper (https://proper.chat) is seeking a part-time experienced backend developer to join our engineering team for a part-time, one to three month engagement.
Your primary focus will be assisting in the development of server-side logic, improvements to our existing Firebase code base, and improving a high performance API serving our mobile and desktop client apps.
Additionally, you’ll be working directly with other backend developers. You’ll frequently collaborate with members of the engineering, product and management team.
* Code using primarily Golang
* Design, and build server side applications for our core product
* Conduct code reviews with other team members
* Improve reliability, performance and efficiency across the Proper app
* Build public-facing APIs, internal data services, and operational tools
Skills & requirements
* Experience building and supporting a complex project, supporting a large volume of requests or users running in production
* Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
* 4+ years relevant backend engineering experience, for example in NodeJS, Java, etc..
* 1+ years coding experience in Go
* 5+ years of industry experience shipping production software
* B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related technical field
* Experience developing with Firebase
* Experience developing and deploying on GCP
* Experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes