Lead Technology Architect
🇬🇧 United Kingdom › London (Posted Mar 10 2019)
About the company
Ori is empowering networks to deliver future services through distributed applications. We provide developers open access to deploy applications and services to edge nodes over multiple mobile operators through our platform, DNA. We are solving latency and real-time processing issues for the next generation of services, and allowing mobile networks to balance their investments in infrastructure.
Excited by microservices? Deploying on top of Kubernetes? Curious about edge computing? Writing in GO? So are we!
We work with networks, big and small, to build the future of communication. Based in central London, we are searching for a hands on Lead Technology Architect who will contribute to the codebase and join a growing team of driven entrepreneurs. We are looking for candidates interested in driving architecture, technology choices and bringing their experience to help improve internal processes and the development of our edge computing platform.
- Support your personal development, prioritising growth in knowledge around technology
- Build an environment that encourages individual autonomy within a close-knit team
- Provide constant technical challenges and puzzles requiring creative thinking and problem solving
- Encourage the proactive use of new technologies and processes
Skills & requirements
- Architect modern and innovative solutions using cutting edge technology
- Research and suggest updates to process and technology regularly to stay relevant
- Set technical direction, maintain coding standards and help lead the Engineering team across the full development lifecycle
- Lead and mentor the Engineering team, building an environment that supports communication and collaboration aligned with wider company vision
- Perform technical reviews and solution assessments for Engineering team
- Implement automation processes for platform build and testing
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain services capable of delivering content, applications and services in a 5G-ready world
- Ensure software is designed and implemented for quality, robustness, and scale
- Support Ori and the rest of the product development team in resolving customer problems
- Take ownership and responsibility of production-ready code
- Contribute to and ensure the completion of code development so that product releases reach general availability on time
What we’ll expect
- Experience and understanding of production-ready services in a Cloud-like environment (public or private)
- Multiple examples of architectural designs or decisions resulting in real-world implementation
- Continued development experience; writing code, tests, and debugging issues
- Strong grasp of core architectural and programming principles
- Experience with Go or similar languages (Java, C/C++, etc.)
- Architectural concepts (SOA, Containerization, etc)
- Experience of modern deployment and associated tooling, integration, technology, patterns and release methodologies including automated configuration to design, build and provision at scale
- Evidence of design and delivery of different scales of digital technical architectures resulting in real-world implementation
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields is a bonus
- True grit
Other jobs that might be interesting
Mid Full Stack Developer - Network Gaming (July 2020)
Worldwide, 100% Remote
At the end of July we completed bringing the platform in house and we are now looking to build our core development team. Your goal is help take ownership of the full stack, manage the platform, pay down any technical debt accrued, and begin building a network...
Senior Software Engineer (Go) - Form3 (July 2020)
London, United Kingdom (Remote work possible)
WHO WE ARE
We’re a tech-first scale-up regarded as one of the hottest payments fintechs in London. Founded in 2016, our cloud-native payments platform is used by over 25 of the most exciting and disruptive banks and fintechs in the world including N26, Holv...
Golang Backend Engineer - Hiveway (June 2020)
Remote Europe, 100% Remote
Hiveway is a leading shared-cars and subscription-car business operator.
We just finalized our fundraising and want to invest in our tech platform.
We're looking for a seasoned backend Golang engineer to help us design and build our core APIs.