Senior Real Time Software Engineer at district m
🇨🇦 (Posted Dec 11 2018)
About the company
About district m
district m’s advertising exchange creates an open and transparent marketplace for publishers and advertisers to easily connect and maximize on today’s digital advertising demand.
Becoming a districter means you will join a team full of inspiring people who are always working to go above and beyond expectations. At district m, we pride ourselves on having a friendly and open environment where employees are encouraged to share new ideas and where all opinions are valued.
With offices in Montreal, New York and Toronto, district m continues to grow and increase its footprint in the Digital Media industry as a leading partner for all business types.
district m is looking for a seasoned software engineer to help build and maintain the core systems at the heart of our real time bidding ad exchange.
Part of a newly formed team dedicated to take over an existing product currently in production, this role is positioned to become a team lead role as the team grows and will interface directly with the lead architect and product manager, as well as other development teams involved in the evolution of the ad exchange.
- Work with the lead architect and product manager to design and implement features with a focus on performance and scalability
- Work with the DevOps team to implement CI/CD pipelines in a containerized environment (Kubernetes)
- Write fully testable code
- Collaborate in an agile method with other development teams in the company
Skills & requirements
- Strong proficiency in Golang and/or C++
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP, HTTP) and data encoding (JSON, protobuf)
- Experience in designing and building high volume and low latency network applications
- Good understanding of crypto signature concepts and their applications
- Good communication skills, both business and technical
- Good understanding of cloud native technologies such as containers and dynamic orchestration
- Experience with Kafka
- Knowledge of the Ad tech industry and OpenRTB a big plus