Senior Software Engineer - Golang - SF Bay Area, Vancouver, or Remote (North America)
🇺🇸 United States › California › San Francisco (Posted Dec 3 2018)
About the company
Kubernetes is being adopted by every major enterprise on the planet for deploying modern, containerized applications. However, containers are highly dynamic and break their existing security models. Tigera provides zero-trust network security and continuous compliance for Kubernetes platforms that enables enterprises to meet their security and compliance requirements.
Tigera’s technology is recognized and trusted as the de facto standard for Kubernetes network security. Our open source software, Tigera Calico, provides production-grade security, and our commercial offerings layer on advanced security capabilities, enterprise controls, and compliance reporting.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Tigera is looking for passionate and skilled software engineers to join us in our mission to secure the next generation of cloud native applications. At the heart of our strategy is a set of open source networking and security projects (currently Calico, flannel, and Canal) that define the new gold standard for application connectivity within large scale cloud environments, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, and related technologies. Building upon this open source foundation, we are working on complementary commercial offerings to help enterprises build and operate cloud native applications and infrastructures, securely and at scale.
You will be joining a team that is highly engineering-focused with a culture that values diversity, collaboration, agility and innovation, keeping us one step ahead in the exciting and fast moving cloud-native technology space.
Skills & requirements
- Experience with a breadth of programming languages and frameworks (Golang experience highly desirable).
- A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative, agile development environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas and technologies: Networking, Security, Kubernetes, Docker, related or similar.
- Experience developing, securing or operating cloud scale applications or infrastructure.
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend conferences and to work with partners, customers and colleagues in other offices within the US and internationally.
- Experience or familiarity with any of these technologies: Istio, Envoy, CNI, OpenShift, OpenStack, Mesos, DC/OS
- Experience in an open source based company, with a focus on cloud, networking and/or security.
- But more than any specific experience, the most important criteria for success will be your talent, energy, and passion to help build and shape the future within a collaborative, agile, community-based environment.