Senior backend developer (Go / Google Cloud Platform) at DigiExam
🇸🇪 (Posted Oct 17 2018)
About the company
DigiExam is the leading digital exam platform to create, deliver and grade exams and academic tests. Through a comprehensive, integrated set of tools the platform makes life easier for instructors and teachers to prepare and grade exams, helps students to take tests more efficiently and to reach their full potential. On a institutional level DigiExam helps to offer a more qualitative education and saves the environment and institutions money by reducing paper wastage. DigiExam is intuitive, reliable and secure and currently serves 3,000 universities and schools worldwide.
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, become a digital nomad and work remotely at this company
DigiExam is a fast growing startup with exciting new opportunities in our development team. We are on the hunt for an innovative and solution driven senior backend developer to join our team.
The platform backend that you will work with is a Go application hosted on Google Cloud Platform - which means that you will have all the Google Cloud Platform products at your disposal (more details: https://cloud.google.com/products/). Some of the tools we frequently use today are App Engine, Compute Engine, Datastore, Memcache and BigQuery.
We use practices such as continuous delivery for automatic deployment and testing, documentation of our routines and peer review of all our code changes.
We expect that:
- You can provide mentorship and support to developers regarding backend development best practices and techniques
- You are able to take pragmatic technical design and tooling decisions
- You know how to organize code in a modular manner
- You know how to deliver an outstanding backend and API for a product
- You have a genuine interest in backend development and you stay up-to-date with the latest trends, but still have the maturity not to jump on every new database that shows up on HN
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Work remotely in Sweden
- Work with a platform used by thousands of teachers and students worldwide daily
- Use innovative technologies like Google Cloud Platform and Electron and be a core member of a smaller team
- Work in a development team with short release cycles and great dev processes
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Breakfast at the office every morning
- Private health insurance
- Occupational pension (Tjänstepension)
- Wellness grant (Friskvårdsbidrag), 5000kr/year
Skills & requirements
- You live in Sweden
- You are an excellent backend developer that knows how to build a scalable platform
- You have professional experience with Go or contributed to a substantial Go project on your free time
- You have experience working with different types of databases and knows the pros and cons with the options available
- You are confident and at home in unix-like systems
- You have a good understanding of how to design a great API
- You have professional experience as a senior backend developer
Instructions how to apply
Apply to this position by sending your CV, cover letter and portfolio using Jobylon or in an e-mail to email@example.com.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)