Full Stack Developer at Total Wine & More
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jul 4 2018)
About the company
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide opportunities for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
The primary responsibilities of the full stack mobile app developer are to design and develop new features for the mobile application that will be used by our store associates across all the retail stores. Ideal candidate will have strong experience developing mobile apps using ReactNative and working knowledge of developing Microservices using GoLang or similar technologies. This person will regularly create and document technical designs based on functional requirements as well as implement the design, and perform code reviews. Software developers work collaboratively with business analysts to understand functional requirements and translate those requirements into technical designs. Additionally, software developers work collaboratively with other developers to share coding best practices and ensure standardized techniques across the team.
• Design and develop new features and enhancements for mobile application with focus on functional and non-functional requirements
• Translate functional requirements documents into technical design specifications
• Plan and execute unit tests for code components
• Interact with the business and other technology teams
• Follow team’s standards, patterns and processes
• Perform code reviews
• Troubleshoot production issues, suggest and implement fixes
Skills & requirements
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field
• 2 to 3 years of experience implementing enterprise scale mobile apps using React Native, Redux, and other related technologies
• 1 to 2 years of experience with implementing services using micro services based architecture and using languages such as Go or other object oriented programming languages
• Strong experience with mobile app development for android devices
• Experience with TDD (test driven development)
• Experience working within short development cycles using agile methods.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Flexible & easily adaptable to change.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
•Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)