Senior Backend Developer at JOOX Music
Los Angeles, California, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jun 20 2018)
About the company
JOOX is a social music community platform connecting artists and fans via organic and emotionally engaging experiences. Our community currently has 380,000 user tastemakers representing over 500 hand curated artists on the cutting edge of culture in EDM, Hip Hop, and Indie Rock. Some of our favorite label partners include the likes of Dirtybird, OWSLA, LAW Records, BMG, and Good Vibrations.
JOOX allows Artists the opportunity to see who their biggest fans are based on empirical data and reward fans with once in a lifetime experience.
We’re looking for experienced developers to help us make JOOX a better mobile-first experience. Mobile-first for us is much more than a buzzword -- we're rethinking core things about how we interact with music from streaming to festivals and everything in between.
Our culture is music first. Our office is frequented visited by outstanding industries leaders in media, fashion, data, music, and we love to host them with studio and jam sessions. We want someone who gets excited to be in the office with us grinding it out. But we also understand the need to retract from office distractions sometimes and plenty of us take a day or two a week to work from home if needed. Our team is spread between Florida and California and growing rapidly. We are at an early stage and have raised series A of $3M. Our head office is located in Los Angeles, California, where you would be working with 10-15 employees. As a music startup with a plethora of musicians and DJ’s as investors we are also frequently behind the scenes at festivals such all over the US creating tailor made one of fan experiences.
Permanent / Freelance
- Remote work possible
Relocation compensation available
Your primary focus will be development of the backend of the JOOX app and managing the flow to the other developers of the front-end clients. You will be working alongside other developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving,
sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. We are looking for someone who gets excited by the idea of shipping features bi-weekly that go out to all of our users. You must be fast
moving and enthusiastic to see how our fan base reacts. Your code will never be left behind collecting dust. It will be live in front of millions of users.
Skills & requirements
• At least 2 Apps in Store and 2-5 years of mobile development experience
• iOS (Objective C or Swift)
• GO (https://golang.org/)
• Deep experience with Databases MongoDB and Janus DB
• Deep experience with AWS (AWS Elastic Bean Stock)
• 2+ skills from bellow skill set:
• Coding, test automation, deployments, monitoring
• Front-end Development in technologies like Angular, Ember, React, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc.
• Databases (MongoDB or Janus DB)
• Responsive Design (pure CSS or server-side logic)
• Accelerated Mobile Pages
• Machine Learning (ie. Amazon ML, Tensorflow)
• Application Performance Best Practices and Tuning (Web and Mobile App)
• Accessibility Best Practices (WAI, WCAG or Mobile App)
• Secure Application Development Best Practices (i.e. OAUTH, SAML, OWASP)
• API Development best practices (i.e. REST, HATEOS)
Instructions how to apply
apple here: https://angel.co/joox-music-1/jobs/359567-senior-lead-backend-developer
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that works)