Golang Software Engineer at WGAMES
🇨🇦 (Posted Jun 17 2018)
About the company
WGAMES Inc. is a leading social and casual games company. Established in 2017 by President & CEO, Daniel Kajouie, the company’s headquarters operates in the heart of Downtown Toronto. WGAMES is equipped with unsurpassed facilities and world class talent in art, design and software development paired with a seasoned leadership team in the mobile and social gaming industry.
Relocation compensation available
WGAMES, is a well-funded, social gaming company based in the heart of downtown Toronto. We develop high-end mobile games that will be distributed globally. We are seeking an experienced, talented Golang Software Engineer with a strong RESTful API design and UNIX experience.
• Write clean, maintainable, secure code for distributed applications.
• Backend API development.
• Rewrite existent NodeJs service in GO.
Skills & requirements
• A strong and proven computer science or computer engineering background.
• 5+ years experience with backend development and complex systems.
• Have great practical knowledge of Golang (2+ years) and at least one other programming language.
• Good knowledge of HTTP, Caching and RESTful API design.
• Understanding what it takes to build highly available, horizontally scalable distributed systems.
• Value coding as your craft and understand that writing software is about solving technical problems – but equally important solutions must easily maintained and understood by your peers.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Familiarity with UNIX based systems.
• Experience using Continuous Integration.
• Experience working on high performance distributed systems – with a story or two to share about that process.
• Commitment to understanding issues by tracing, profiling and in general measuring to get to the root of the problem and avoid guessing why “stuff” doesn’t work.
• Proactive and curious: always eager to learn new things and happy to share your knowledge with others.
Instructions how to apply
see the website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)