Senior backend developer (Go / Google Cloud Platform) at DigiExam
🇸🇪 (Posted Mar 22 2018)
About the company
DigiExam is the leading digital assessment provider to create, deliver and grade academic tests. Through a comprehensive, integrated set of tools, the platform makes life easier for instructors and teachers to prepare and grade exams, helps students to take tests more efficiently, and saves the environment and institutions money by reducing paper wastage. DigiExam is intuitive, 100% reliable and collaborative and currently serves over 1,000 universities and schools in 50+ countries.
We are always looking for talented people that want to be part of a great team, take a look below for open positions.
- Remote work is NOT possible
DigiExam is a fast growing startup with exciting new opportunities in our development team. We are on the hunt for an innovative and solution driven senior backend developer to join our Stockholm office.
The platform backend that you will work with is a Go application hosted on Google Cloud Platform - which means that you will have all the Google Cloud Platform products at your disposal (more details: https://cloud.google.com/products/). Some of the tools we frequently use today are App Engine, Compute Engine, Datastore, Memcache and BigQuery.
We use practices such as continuous delivery for automatic deployment and testing, documentation of our routines and peer review of all our code changes.
We expect that:
- You can provide mentorship and support to developers regarding backend development best practices and techniques
- You are able to take pragmatic technical design and tooling decisions
- You know how to organize code in a modular manner
- You know how to deliver an outstanding backend and API for a product
- You have a genuine interest in backend development and you stay up-to-date with the latest trends, but still have the maturity not to jump on every new database that shows up on HN
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Work with a platform used by thousands of teachers and students worldwide daily
- Use innovative technologies like Google Cloud Platform and Electron and be a core member of a smaller team
- Work in a SCRUM team with short release cycles and great dev processes
Skills & requirements
You are an excellent backend developer that knows how to build a scalable platform
You have professional experience with Go or contributed to a substaintial Go project on your free time
You have experience working with different types of databases and knows the pros and cons with the options available
You are confident and at home in unix-like systems
You have a good understanding of how to design a great API
You have professional experience as a senior backend developer
Instructions how to apply
Apply to this position by sending your CV, cover letter and portfolio using Jobylon (see job website) or in an e-mail to email@example.com.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)