Golang Developer at Guru Systems Ltd
London, United Kingdom
🇬🇧 (Posted Jan 19 2018)
About the company
Guru Systems is a young and rapidly growing company delivering pay-as-you-go utility and monitoring systems to low-carbon energy schemes. Our people are important to us and we are proud of our success to date. We provide an open and supportive environment to ensure that together our success continues to grow.
- Remote work is NOT possible
We're reducing carbon emissions by collecting and processing data from decentralised energy networks in real world environments, and we need your help.
Around half of the energy consumed in the UK today is for heat. The efficiency of the systems that keep us warm is a major concern for the environment. We're using cutting-edge Internet of Things technology to gather deep insights about energy usage, and we're turning that into actionable advice. In other words, we're using technology and data to save the world.
But to do that we need you, a distinguished Go developer, to help us develop the next generation of our world-class technology. That involves working in an agile team using extreme programming techniques and building out advanced modular software. You'll need to extend the existing service oriented architecture, improve API efficiency and usage, and enhance the ease of system use for both internal and external customers.
Skills & requirements
Skills and requirements
We're a small (but growing!) group of people who value self improvement, honesty, humility and curiosity tempered with a healthy skepticism. We like people who do everything to the best of their ability, but accept their limits. The problems we're trying to solve can be tough, and no one person has all the answers. But we're excited to try and find solutions, and you should be too.
In terms of technical expertise, you'll:
● Know all about Linux and be comfortable in the terminal.
● Design APIs over breakfast, in your sleep and on the bus. We deeply value strong, current API design.
● Have a minimum of one year's experience with Go. We only work with clean, well-tested, idiomatic code.
● Be familiar with gRPC. Obviously, because you live and breath API design.
● Know Git .
● Feel comfortable reading Python and PHP code, even if you don't usually write it.
● Be an architect and systems designer, or a UI design dynamo.
It would also be great if you:
● Have a solid track record of Software development in an open source environment.
● Are knowledgeable in a range of software tools and languages.
● Thrive working in a dynamic team.
● Tend to be a naturally inquisitive, actively participant in the architecture of software and hardware. We love recommendations for relevant tools and new processes.
● have spent a couple of years working with web technologies. A good grasp of HTTP, REST, RPC (ideally gRPC) would be highly advantageous.
● Really enjoy refactoring towards clear goals.
● Consider documentation to be as important as code.
● Are genuinely motivated to change the world. Because that's what we're doing, one degree at a time.
We're just getting started on this new phase of work, and there's a lot of potential for personal development within the team. You'll have a lot of say in our developing culture, and there's a definite opportunity to move into leadership for the right person. You'll be reporting to our ex-Googler CTO, with no complex hierarchy.
Salary, benefits and other information
This role is full time and permanent, with 25 days of holiday each year. Your salary will be competitive, and we'll match 4.5% pension contributions.
We're a 9-5:30 kind of company, but we're pretty casual. Team cohesion is important to us, and we like to work in the same space, but we would consider flexible arrangements for the right person.
We value our people and we're proud of our success so far. We provide an open and supportive environment to ensure that together our success continues to grow. We hope you'll come and join us. The world will thank you for it, and so will we.
Oh, and we are located in a fantastic office in the middle of Borough Market, directly above the best coffee in London.
Come and share a coffee with us..
Instructions how to apply
Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't need anything fancy, just tell us who you are, attach a CV, and definitely include some links to code you've written.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know recruiting strategies that work)